net labels

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I check in on a few, but the ones I watch out for regularly are:

Autres Directions In Music for soft indietronic weepy lameness. Haha. Ok, not quite. Walking to work this morning I was listening to the release by Obadia (for the nth time) which is sorta weirdo difficult stop-start trip-hop or something. Loud hip-hop beats, vocal snippets and hyper edited acoustic guitar.

Monohm for crackly minimal stuff along the lines of SND and Pole and whatever.

Filtro for more mellow 'n' minimal electronics. The first release was outstanding (if a bit exhausting - a whole lot of remixes of one track), but I have to admit I haven't got so excited about other things I've heard from there.

I've tried to find more, well, fun music out there, but there's really not that much that stacks up, IMO. I've heard a few tunes I liked via Disciples of Ageema Blues, eg. Julien Love's 'Waterfall' - fun sorta Arthur Russell-y thing.

secretagentgel

cool, thx. i'll check those out.

i'd agree that it's hard to find happy music on net labels. in fact it's hard to wade thru the "minimal house" a lot of the time. it must be an easy genre to make, cos there's a hell of a lot of it.

where's the dubstep netlabel? jungle? dancehall?

corey

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Yeah, soooo much minimal tech out there. Impossible not to reach saturation point, I reckon. This release was actually kinda fun compared to some of the more moody / cold dubbed out gear:

http://www.epsilonlab.com/main/releases/details.php?lang=en&id=32&t=1

First track is a nice cut up of a classic bit of 80s yacht rock (haha.. best genre name eva).

Epsilon Lab is more on the house tip compared to eg. thinnerism.com anyway. A bit more warm and fun. I think Alland Byallo on there was on the idm-making list back in the day!? (jet jaguar here)