tim burton

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
I can't wait to see it... Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favourite movies and generally he's great but it kind of worries me he's made 2 remakes in a row (apes, charlie)... is he that short of ideas? I still enjoyed planet of the apes and I really want to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory but neither of them struck me as movies that needed remaking.

francesco

Minerva Estassi
And BIG FISH?

I found Burton remake of Planet of the Apes orrible, really.
But his remake of Chocolate Factory is fantastic, enjoy!

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
my bad... forgot about big fish... that was good. I didn't expect much of planet of the apes so I enjoyed it, but it didn't really have any tim burton-ness to it. Sleepy Hollow was awsome, I love that movie.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
I find Burton generally a disappointment as he veres constantly into style over substance. His films so often feel so empty to me. I like his stuff but I always want more depth to them.

He's a bit like Terry Gilliam in terms of unrealised potential, except Gilliam can blame problem with finance and itnerference where as Burton always seems to have been left alone to do his own thing.

BeatleJuice was too early a peak, I've always said.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is great. It's a great christmas film, so go now!

Spot on to say that he peaked too early. Batman seemed kinda good at the time, but really when you compare it to Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins, it's like flicking through someone's homemade comic book (this sounds like I'm goading Woebot, I'm not, you know what I mean). If he settled for making more mainstream films, he'd probably end up doing stronger work.