Quatermass Experiment

mms

sometimes
i can see that telly is a bit of a taboo on this forum but i din't want to put this in miscellaneous, but there is a remake of nigel neale's quatermass experiment on bbc 4 tonight - curious to know what it'll be like really.
And why it's been remade now ...

D84

I'm guessing that it may be because of the success of the Doctor Who return.

I haven't seen any of the original and my video shop which has all sorts of obscure stuff only seems to have one of the original 50s serials, Quatermass & The Pit. How good is that one? I've read K-Punk's posts on the series and 70s films esp and am intrigued...

domtyler

Teasmaid
D84 said:
I haven't seen any of the original and my video shop which has all sorts of obscure stuff only seems to have one of the original 50s serials, Quatermass & The Pit. How good is that one? I've read K-Punk's posts on the series and 70s films esp and am intrigued...

Quatermass & The Pit is one of the very best, a classic of crumbly black and white sci-fi and rather more fun than the remake which I thought was a bit like casualty with aliens.

carlos

manos de piedra
Quatermass & The Pit - known as Five Million Years to Earth in the USA - gave me many days of nightmares as a kid