Droid Inna Dancehall Vol.2 - Alternate Roots

D

droid

Phew!

This took waaaay longer than I expected - A nice selection of the softer (and little explored) side of 90s reggae for your listening pleasure...

droiddancehall2_front.jpg

Tracklisting:

(00:00) 1. Luciano – Cant Stop Jah Works – Xterminator (Mafia Riddim)
(03:24) 2. Sizzla – Till it Some More - Xterminator (Mafia Riddim)
(06:28) 3. Sizzla - Babylon Homework - Xterminator (Babylon Homework/Blessing)
(09:20) 4. Prince Malachi - Healing in the Streets - Xterminator (Babylon Homework/Blessing)
(11:19) 5. Home T - Don’t Throw it all Away - Jammys (Chinatown/Bye Bye Love Riddim)
(12:55) 6. Frankie Paul - Praise Him - Jammys (Chinatown/Bye Bye Love Riddim)
(14:07) 7. Shabba Ranking - Get Up and Stand Up and Rock - Jammys (Chinatown/Bye Bye Love Riddim)
(16:13) 8. Dean Fraser – Dean in Chinatown - Jammys (Chinatown/Bye Bye Love Riddim)
(18:15) 9. Sizzla – Wanting You - Star-trail (Unknown Riddim)
(21:02) 10. Antony B – Cover you Tracks – Star-trail (Unknown Riddim)
----------------- Excerpt from Garnett Silk Interview on Irie FM -------------------------
(22:44) 11. Garnett Silk – Zion in a Vision – Black Scorpio (Friends for Life Riddim)
(24:18) 12. Satellite – Tribute to Garnett Silk – Black Scorpio (Friends for Life Riddim)
(26:03) 13. Dennis Brown – Friends for Life - Black Scorpio (Friends for Life Riddim)
----------------- ---------- Escape the Judgment interlude -------------------------------
(27:50) 14. Antony B – Give Thanks - Henfield (Babatunde Riddim)
(31:35) 15. Luciano – Punch Line - Henfield (Babatunde Riddim)
(33:33) 16. Capleton – Who I Am - Henfield (Babatunde Riddim)
-------------------------------- Free Our Minds Interlude ----------------------------------
(37:09) 17. President Brown - Microchip - Kariang (Give Me the Right Riddim)
(39:08) 18. Sizzla – Get We Out - Kariang (Give Me the Right Riddim)
(41:05) 19. Bushman - Somewhere - Kariang (Give Me the Right Riddim)
(43:19) 20. Nisha K – It’s Over – Digital B (You Don’t Care Riddim)
(45:27) 21. Singing Melody – Say What – Digital B (You Don’t Care Riddim)
(46:56) 22. Morgan Heritage – What We Need is Love – Digital B (You Don’t Care Riddim)
(49:16) 23. Mikey Spice/Louie Culture – Grab Yu Lass and Come – Digital B (You Don’t Care Riddim)
(51:47) 24. Booby Digital/The Techniques – You Don’t Care Riddim – Digital B (You Don’t Care Riddim)
------------------------------------ Own Flex Interlude -------------------------------------
(54:24) 25. Gregory Isaacs – Lead Me - Digital B (Queen of The Minstrels Riddim)
(56:42) 26. Sizzla – Guide Over Us - Digital B (Queen of The Minstrels Riddim)
(59:10) 27. Beres Hammond – Defend It - Star-trail (Wrong Move Riddim)
(61:48) 28. Richard ‘Bello’ Bell – Purify Version – Star-trail (Purify Riddim)
(64:06) 29. Beres Hammond – Way it is - Star-trail (Purify Riddim)
(66:14) 30. Jack Radics - Purify - Star-trail (Purify Riddim)
(69:05) 31. Sizzla – Holding Firm – Star-trail (Holding Firm Riddim)
(71:45) 32. Garnet Silk - Love – Star-trail (Holding Firm Riddim)
(73:41) 33. Antony B – Raid di Barn – Star-trail (Holding Firm Riddim)
(75:33) 34. Richard ‘Bello’ Bell – Love Dub/Holding Firm Riddim – Star-trail (Holding Firm Riddim)

You can get it here: http://www.weareie.com/ along with a tracklisting, printable CD cover, and copius amounts of my mentally vomitous blurbage.

And to those of you who DL the mix - comments are appreciated/expected at some point!

echevarian

babylon sister
Is anyone else having any problems getting this RAR file to decompress?

I'm not sure if its a problem with my computer or the file.

It keeps telling me that the file is corrupted?

Looks like a big mix too, Help!

D

droid

Hmmm... i downloaded and the extracted it to test it and it semed to work. Ill re-compress it now - just to be sure.

thanks btw!

D

droid

OK - Ive recompressed and reupped it now - works fine for me. Any more problems, just giz a shout and Ill see what I can do.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Works fine for me on OSX.

WICKED mix. Really cheezy first riddim but effective --and the rest of it -- OH MY GOD!!

Droid raising the bar.

And a BIG step forward from volume one. Well worth listening (and re-;listening) to.

ChinaTown is just a MASSIVE riddim!

Last edited:
D

droid

2stepfan said:
Works fine for me on OSX.

WICKED mix. Really cheezy first riddim but effective --and the rest of it -- OH MY GOD!!

Droid raising the bar.

And a BIG step forward from volume one. Well worth listening (and re-;listening) to.

ChinaTown is just a MASSIVE riddim!

:eek: Cheers Paul - youre a man of your word.

Think I missed you last time I sent out CD's - you wanna PM me your address and get a sneak preview of the next few mixes?

D

droid

Any opinions people? Over 100 downloads and no comments! :mad:

Not an encouraging state of affairs...

jenks

thread death
took my boy to football on sunday with this mix playing in the car.

he kept screaming for me to turn the volume up

probably not the demographic you were aiming for but one 7yr old and his dad love it ;)

D

droid

jenks said:
took my boy to football on sunday with this mix playing in the car.

he kept screaming for me to turn the volume up

probably not the demographic you were aiming for but one 7yr old and his dad love it ;)

Cheers Jenks - Thats made my day! :D

redcrescent

The mighty Droid upping the ante once more with an absolutely top-a-top mix, been rocking this one a lot lately. Some great vibes on here (the closing minutes are nothing if not sublime!).
Greatly appreciated!

john eden

male pale and stale
This is my "getting ready to go out and get slaughtered" soundtrack for NYE! :D

Wicked so far and getting better and better...

oops - I mean the newer one! :eek:

Last edited:
yeah, downloaded this before christmas and listened to it repeatedly, for example in the car to and from the hideous office party, on christmas eve after the kids went to bed, on headphones while battling the hangover walking down deserted country lanes on new years day and your latest -skankingwiththedroid091002. really brightened up "the worst day of the year" (Irish Independent 3/1/06).