Stuff You Ate

sufi

lala
What have you eaten?

Cow's foot i've tried several times in various dishes but found it revolting every time...
Snake soup is good, conger eel is yeeccch!
bat is nice

please provide recipes

Lichen

Thinly sliced ram's testicle, lightly grilled over charcoal, tasted like a cross between a scallop and a chestnut mushroom

Lichen

oooh

and calf's brain

and the liver and kidneys of a deer, soaked in milk overnight and lightly fried for breakfast

but i won't touch sprouts

O

Omaar

Not my kind of restaurant

Er, tempting, but being vegetarian, couldn't partake:

Zhongdian, AKA Shangri-la

Lichen

Unless there's a Peruvian or two hanging about: guinea pig is pretty standard fare over there. They spit roast them on the street.

I did find the wriggling sacks of live Guinea pigs (or 'cuy' ) at market a bit troubling tho.

I saw sliced pig uterus on the menu at a yakiniku place in Tokyo, but avoided. Yakiniku is generally great though - a small gas stove is set into the middle of your table and plates of sliced meats, fish, vegetables and dipping sauces, along with side orders of kim chee and iced korean saké (suchu?). You then cook it yourself.

Does anyone remember the recipe for Gnashburgers included as part of Beano comic's Dennis the Menace fan club pack. Only ingredient I can remember is corned beef.

sufi

lala
food blogging

c7ec1d2a-s.JPG
thm250_DSC00908.JPG
f4f924fa-s.jpg
7cfe615d.JPG
8d9d1ae3-s.JPG
46037_14675085_050122_122113_Ed_Ed_M.jpg
58fef836.JPG
9639a470.JPG

i' keep coming across these tantalising moblog food categories
like: ゆうこのBlog*food* ,crazy diary, Casual Scenery, のんびりmaking diary lush! :p

zhao

there are no accidents
me and these 2 girls were high out of our minds at this Korean joint, and decided to order the silkworms. expecting a pile of spicy pickled white slugs, what we received instead was a bowl of black larvae in a syrup / soup. all the laughter died for a second as we stared at the dish in front of us... finally 2 of us built up enough courage to try it... I had 3, one of the girls had 2. tastes like a really funky ghetto shrimp. it was not very good and while I don't regret the experience, will not be soon repeating it.

withnail

I know someone who has eaten the Philippino delicacy thatis the balut

He coludnae refuse his girlfriend's parents offer.

Yes indeed, a fertilised duck egg with the embryo of said creature within. You eat the whole lot, feathers beak etc.

180px-Balut_Egg.jpg