Skanking with the Droid

D

droid

Last mix of the year from us! A live roots set from myself at Dublin's legendary Firehouse Skank sound, with quite a few jungilist favourites in the mix:

firehouse_091005_front.jpg

Tracklisting:

(00:00) 1. Junjo Lawes - Far East Version - Volcano (Far East Riddim)
(02:31) 2. The Hombres - Africa - Pressure Sounds (Unknown Riddim)
(05:44) 3. Lee Perry - The Lion - VP (Unknown Riddim)
(09:06) 4. The Upsetter - Foundation Dub - Pressure Sounds (Unknown Riddim)
(12:28) 5. Jahmali - Long Long Time - Digital B (Fade Away Riddim)
(14:40) 6. Morgan Heritage - Blackmans Paradise - Digital B (Fade Away Riddim)
(17:49) 7. Bobby Digital - Fade Away Version - Digital B (Fade Away Riddim)
(20:55) 8. Bounty Killer/Redrose/Anthony B/Jack Radics - Dancing - Greensleeves (Stop That Train Riddim)
(23:57) 9. Natural Black - Beat and Shoot - Greensleeves (Stop That Train Riddim)
(26:12) 10. Raggedy Joe - Stop That Train Riddim - Greensleeves (Stop That Train Riddim)
(28:44) 11. President Brown - Unity Train - Greensleeves (Stop That Train Riddim)

--------------------------- End of Selection 1 -----------------------------

(32:02) 12. Glen Washington - One Bright Morning - Stingray (Lava Riddim)
(34:24) 13. Bushman - Higher - Stingray (Lava Riddim)
(35:58) 14. Freddie McGregor - Hand in the Fire - Stingray (Lava Riddim)
(39:08) 15. Stingray All Stars - Lava Version - Stingray (Lava Riddim)
(41:58) 16. Anthony B - Third Eye Blind - Easy Star (Thai Stick Riddim)
(44:03) 17. Luciano - Hopes on High - Easy Star (Thai Stick Riddim)
(45:28) 18. Easy Star - Thai Stick Version - Easy Star (Thai Stick Riddim)
(48:49) 19. Mikey General/General Pecos - Love is What we Need - Cylton (Praises Riddim)
(51:14) 20. Luciano - Black Woman - Cylton (Praises Riddim)
(52:47) 21. Cylton - Praises version - Cylton (Praises Riddim)
(55:44) 22. Ninjaman - Madda Bawl - Love Promotion (My Conversation/Debate Riddim)
(58:14) 23. Bushman - Nubian Woman - Love Promotion (My Conversation/Debate Riddim)
(60:25) 24. Anthony B - Bigga Happiness - Love Promotion (My Conversation/Debate Riddim)
(61:33) 25. Junior Kelly - Dem and Those - Love Promotion (My Conversation/Debate Riddim)
(63:44) 26. Luciano - Old King Jephter - Love Promotion (My Conversation/Debate Riddim)
(64:39) 27. Love Promotion - Debate Version - Love Promotion (My Conversation/Debate Riddim)
(67:51) 27. Slim Smith & The Uniques - My Conversation - Lee's/Trojan (My Conversation Riddim)

----------------------------- End of Selection 2 -----------------------------

(71:10) 29. Terror Fabulous - Gangsters Anthem - Madhouse (Gangsters Anthem Riddim)
(73:12) 30. Louie Culture - Bogus Badge - Madhouse (Gangsters Anthem Riddim)
(74:56) 31. Dave Kelly - Gangsters Anthem Version - Madhouse (Gangsters Anthem Riddim)
(77:10) 32. General TK - How Dem Fi Stop You - One Time (Cuss Cuss Riddim)
(79:24) 33. Michael Rose - Money - One Time (Cuss Cuss Riddim)
(80:39) 34. Jah Screw - Cuss Cuss Version - One Time (Cuss Cuss Riddim)
(83:12) 35. Sizzla - Brainwash - Crown Star (Brainwash Riddim)

The mix and the usual delerious ramblings can all be found here:

http://www.weareie.com/2005/12/skanking-with-droid-live-firehouse.html

Enjoy.

jenks

thread death
cheers droid

if it's anywhere near as good as the last one my son will be well pleased

D

droid

:D Big up the Jenks junior! Ill have to give him a shout out next time round!

D

droid

Thought this was worthy of a bump, as it was posted at Christmas, and I think most of you will have missed it...

john eden

male pale and stale
It's great. Brilliant hearing a "live" mix after so much living room bizness (much as I like that as well).

The Gangsters Anthem section is fantastic.

D

droid

john eden said:
It's great. Brilliant hearing a "live" mix after so much living room bizness (much as I like that as well).

The Gangsters Anthem section is fantastic.

Yeah - the crowd noise and stuff adds a nice buzz to it.. pity i cant bring a desk out every time I play out.

A tip for any DJs doing live recordings without the use of a mic - when your set is finished, leave the needles on both records and turn the gain and faders up all the way for both. Youll find when you listen to the recording that the turntables will have picked up any applause and cheers that you may have recieved...

john eden

male pale and stale
droid said:
A tip for any DJs doing live recordings without the use of a mic - when your set is finished, leave the needles on both records and turn the gain and faders up all the way for both. Youll find when you listen to the recording that the turntables will have picked up any applause and cheers that you may have recieved...

I can't see that going down very well with the next guy on, but OK. ;)

Last edited:
D

droid

john eden said:
I can't that going down very well with the next guy on, but OK. ;)

Surely a man as esteemed as yourself wouldnt even glance at a gig unless you were playing last? :D

john eden

male pale and stale
droid said:
Surely a man as esteemed as yourself wouldnt even glance at a gig unless you were playing last? :D

Naaaaaaaah! Doing reggae I always end up in the warm up slot. Plus I'm not that pushy at tarting myself about.

Mind you it does mean I can do my set and then get absolutely wankered without having to worry about anything except remembering my bag at the end of the night.