Gnostics or anyone interested in Gnosticism

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
I've been heavily engrossed in this stuff for some time now. I'm just wondering if anyone on this board shares an interest in Gnostic ideals.

For those unfamiliar with what I mention, I'll point you in the right direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic

I also recommend the work of Pagels, Freke and Gandy.

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I'm not so far off, less into the straight Christian gnosticism (though that's OK) and more into generalised gnostic paganism.You might be interested in the mega interview with Synesis / James Butler on my blog which talks about Valentinian gnosticism and lots of other interesting related subjects. It's here.

O

Omaar

I just spotted an interesting book in my Library on gnosticism on the silk route, I had no idea they had an influence on/ were influenced by east asian religious/philosophical ideas. Can find title if you're interested.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
2stepfan said:
I'm not so far off, less into the straight Christian gnosticism (though that's OK) and more into generalised gnostic paganism.You might be interested in the mega interview with Synesis / James Butler on my blog which talks about Valentinian gnosticism and lots of other interesting related subjects. It's here.

I haven't ventured very far from Gnostic Christianity either, although I find that ideals in Buddhism I subscribe to are interchangeable with those of Gnosticism.

Here's a good discussion on Gnosticism I found on BBC

http://altreligion.about.com/gi/dyn...egodeath.com/GnosticismFrekeGoodacreGreen.htm

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
btw, in what way does the new/recent translation of the Nag Hammadi texts differ from the "old" version(s)?

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
arcaNa said:
btw, in what way does the new/recent translation of the Nag Hammadi texts differ from the "old" version(s)?

Don't really follow. Are you referring to the Gnostic bible?

Last edited: