Craner's Think Tank connections.

luka

i'm a bit pissed off cos i've just found out oliver craner is in the employ of a rather noxious think tank paid to disseminate neo-con propaganda in the uk. obviously i've heard about that sort of thing but you don't expect someone you know to be involved in it. it makes my skin crawl. that whole new way of marketing things and disseminating ideas and stuff, in that covert, dishinest way is terrifying.

D

droid

:D That would make a lot of sense! Is your source credible?

His blog doesnt seem any more toxic than those of his fellow travellers though. Monomaniacal on the topic of Iran of course - but otherwise your standard stuff...

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
His blog is not evidence one way or another, he's been beating those same drums for years now (though scanning it, you do have to wonder: do white western people ever do anything wrong, besides saying anything in favour of the ArabianMuslimScourge, I mean?)

D

droid

k-punk said:
His blog is not evidence one way or another, he's been beating those same drums for years now (though scanning it, you do have to wonder: do white western people ever do anything wrong, besides saying anything in favour of the ArabianMuslimScourge, I mean?)

Of course not. Everyone knows that the only crimes worth noticing are those of 'our' enemies. Craner has internalised this dogma to the point of psychosis...

luka

its called the ravelstein foundation, after the saul bellow book, based on allan bloom. my source is relaible. it comes through my sisters jesus college connections.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Surely if he really believes all that stuff, there's no additional problem with his being in the pay of anyone. If he doesn't believe it and he's diseminating it at solely at someone else's behest, well...

luka said:
its called the ravelstein foundation, after the saul bellow book, based on allan bloom. my source is relaible. it comes through my sisters jesus college connections.

Jesus College Oxford or Jesus College Cambridge? What special connections does going to either of those institutions bring?

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Luka:
it comes through my sisters jesus college connections

is this the same sister that may or may not be in the employ of Ann Clwyd, Luka?

how do we know you're not another neo-con faction wanting to foment intellectual 'civil war'?

eh?

eh?

D

droid

luka said:
alright, its a joke is it? tell yourselves that if it makes you feel better.

Strangely enough - this whole thing does make me feel better. Knowing that theres a possibility that Craner's obsessions are motivated by self interest rather than his own personal thought processes is oddly comforting... plus theres the smug sense of satisfaction that my far-fetched suspicions have been confirmed - though it looks like he was a step ahead of me... :D

droid said:
Textbook stuff Oliver! Im surprised youre not working for a major newspaper with those kind of insights. Combine your internalised doctrine with your actual belief in the words of Tony Blair (something I still cant quite believe), and youll have a bright future in the world of politics...

http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=2973&page=4&pp=15

D

droid

An apt quote?

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

- Upton Sinclair

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i have it on very good authority that Craner is in the pay of the Israel Lobby, Droid works for Viva Palestina and Damascus, Luka works for tips and K-Punk works for a shadowy publishing imprint whose overall aims are as yet unknown.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Good job no-one's mentioned mine and Scott's connections to a sinister and obscure cartel of microbreweries and pork scratching mfrs.

Oh wait, shit...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Fucking brilliant Tea, oh nice one, oh really well done like
:mad:

look, i'll bag and hide the hops, you drain and remove the wort from you know where..