Breaking Ranks - new blog with a decent enough mix

stelfox

Beast of Burden
I know, rampant self-publicity and all that but I decided it's time I got a new blog. It's going to be different to last time, in that it'll have lots less words, but one thing it will have is music. There's a brand new dancehall mix up now and I'm going to be posting some more, plus the odd MP3 I think people should hear (see, I'm not totally anti-filesharing) anyway, a full tracklist for the mix is on the site, so drop by to http://breakingranks.blogspot.com and link me up if you feel like it (I'll sort my own links bar later on by way of reciprocity). Cheers!

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
obviously there are no comments boxes so feedback here would be nice, otherwise this thread is a bit sad - like throwing your own party and no one coming!

S

simon silverdollar

very glad to have you back dave! that mix looks fantastic. will download it soon as.

sufi

lala
downloaded last night so Cheers Dave!

didn't play it yet... what exactly is a binhex.hqx ?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
god knows, ed. it's just the way my server account stores them mp3 wotsits. the mix plays okay thru iTunes etc, tho

Last edited:

redcrescent

binhex.hqx is a Macintosh format for compressed files, I believe (me = Tech level 0). If you have WinZip or something similar, you'll be spreading some niceness around the flat in no time!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
thanks everyone! btw, i'm going absolutely crazy for the final bounty killer track on the drop leaf rhythm. a late entry, but probably my favourite tune of the year now.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
quick query - has everyone been able to download okay? just want to check pc compatibility as i posted it from a mac.

Last edited:

mpc

wasteman
ive got winzip but i couldnt read any of the files ive downloaded from the site. ive been able to use zip files from other sites. not sure what problem is.

anhhh

some of the tracks are in mp3 format, but some of them doesnt have any extension associated with them. In those files add .mp3 and they should work

anhhh

and also its great to see dave stelfox again in the blogsphere. so a big hello to breakingrants (and his/her sister/brother site dsworksamples)

mpc

wasteman
the ones with mp3 in link work, but when i add in .mp3 to links without this, they still don't work

satanmcnugget

yeah, the blog looks good...and thanks so much for the link, Stelfox!!! of course, it wld be even nicer if it wasnt a wonky link :)