Where's the acid party?

Lichen

Venturing out

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A friend and I are in the conceptual phase of planning a night out. I haven't been to a nightclub of any note in at least 10 years.

We're partly inspired by the glut of fine house music and techno that's about. Paul Meme's recent Tense Nervous Mix rilly set me twitchin' and I'm loving the whole Norwegian Space Disco thing and alot of the mixes up on Beats in Space.

Where might we go and listen to this kind of thing on a good soundsystem, in good company .

Advice on upcoming clubs /parties much appreciated.

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

Lichen said:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A friend and I are in the conceptual phase of planning a night out. I haven't been to a nightclub of any note in at least 10 years.

We're partly inspired by the glut of fine house music and techno that's about. Paul Meme's recent Tense Nervous Mix rilly set me twitchin' and I'm loving the whole Norwegian Space Disco thing and alot of the mixes up on Beats in Space.

Where might we go and listen to this kind of thing on a good soundsystem, in good company .

Advice on upcoming clubs /parties much appreciated.

i'd recommend going to the nodisko alldayer at jamm in brixton the weekend after next. lots of lovely spacey house there.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Secret Sundaze is supposed to be the best house club in the country.

Or the Faith parties.

Or anywhere Ame, Dixon or Trentemoller are playing.

Glad you liked TNHM2 :cool:

Lichen

Faith parties?

Who, where?

I see Prins Thomas is playing at Fabric early Aug.

I like a slgihtly more, umm, liberating vibe than I reckon a club like that will offer.

Thanks 2-Step

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Thanks for the heads-up on Jamm Simon - sounds great!

Lichen, don't go to Fabric if you can help it - you'll be very disappointed if you haven't stepped foot in a club for 10 years and then go there....

Lichen

I can definetely help it.

Jamm is out of the question due to a wedding :mad:

Any other thoughts Baboon?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Wish I knew more places myself! Maybe I'm missing a trick here, but I'm really frustrated by how little of the European house scene seems to make itself to London (with the exception of Fabric, with its fabulous rosters and appalling vibe)...I tried to see some of the Kompakt DJs a few years back (and now want to see Get Physical strut their stuff in some form), but found it very difficult to locate anything outside Farringdon. What listings for London do people use, or is it simply word of mouth?

S

simon silverdollar

i generally just go to the t-bar on shoreditch high street. it's free, nice atmosphere, and good music (more minimal techy than spacey disco tho...)

for the latter, you might want to try 'come shake the whole' at Cargo. weird atmosphere tho. bit too trendy if you ask me...

it's very worth checking www.4four.org for announcements of special one-off events.

Lichen

thanks again Simon.

I'd worry a little about a club called "Come shake the whole" and the kind of folk that thought it was a really great name for their night.

Maybe I'll go and wig out at the Kosmiche 10 year bash instead.

Lichen

I reckon Secret Sundaze might fit the bill.

I don't think I could withstand Lovebox, Theo Parrish ou non!

If the great event does come to pass I'll let you know about it .

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
http://www.secretsundaze.org/ has dates.

Usually secret locations. Get on the mailing list for details. Proper house people say it's the best - I haven't been but am sorely tempted.

http://www.faithfanzine.com
Faith is doing a tent at that Lovebox thing. Before you run away they've got THEO FUCKING PARRISH. That's like the house version of DMZ.

theo parrish is great, even the boring ones, i wish more people would understand that really, and im far from a proper house person, i barely use an iron.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"i generally just go to the t-bar on shoreditch high street. it's free, nice atmosphere"
Funny that you should say that, although it's free, convenient and sometimes has good line-ups I've pretty much given up going there because of the atmosphere and I've always been badly disappointed by the bouncers there being very unfriendly, confiscating bottles of water etc. Also, last time I went there they had a door whore walking down the queue and telling people that they weren't cool enough to come in (not me naturally). She went up to one person and said that he was mainly ok but he had to take his jumper off because that wasn't up to scratch. Like you're in a club getting in to the music and you suddenly see some guy's jumper and think "wait a minute, this club obviously isn't as up-to-the-minute as I thought it was, that guy's jumper has ruined my night, I'm going to tell all my super-cool friends not to come here because they might see an ugly jumper". It's a free bar just down from Liverpool Street for fuck's sake not Studio 54.