comedy- armando iannuchi's time trumpet

matt b

Indexing all opinion
been on holiday and came back to find this series had started.

to paraphrase a personal highlight from this weeks episode-
"by 2018 there was a tesco store for every square mile in britain...their slogan changed from 'every little helps' to 'we control every aspect of your lives"

tesco goes on to invade denmark...

+stewart lee

pure comedy gold

http://www.timetrumpet.co.uk/

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
This weeks was the least funny of the 3 that have screened so far (though the tescos invasion of denmark was great).

You've missed the pissed Top Gear, which was my highlight from all episodes to date.

adruu

This Is It
this guy did stuff with chris morris right? someone point me towards some torrent biz if you can.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
this guy did stuff with chris morris right? someone point me towards some torrent biz if you can.

yes he wrote /brass eye/ and /the day today/ with chirs morris. he also wrote (and directed) /the thick of it/. probably my favourite comedy writer/satirist of the moment (or indeed the last decade). i'd say morris has the edge in terms of direction, but a lot of the linguistic genius of /brass eye/ and /tdt/ was, to judge by their respective work since, iannucci's.

i agree with gabba - the latest episode was the weakest so far. rape an ape and the tesco invasion were spot on tho.....

you can d/l all of them with emule btw.

dogger

Sweet Virginia
correction to the above, for those who care: wikipedia reveals that he in fact did not direct /the thick of it/ - only wrote it.

he also co-wrote and directed alan partridge.

D84

I've been watching the torrents of this. Some of the UK references go over my head but on the whole it's great!

The most recent episode was excellent - Tony Blair and David Cameron deserve all they get. And the segement on music (paraphrasing): "yeah the music of the 00s was... alright... it was ah fine." Spot on. :D

They're really taking advantage of the HDTV medium too...

So what's the campaign to get people onto digital TV like over there? It's pretty much absent here (Australia), no doubt at the behest of the controllers of the world's most profitable free to air commercial TV networks...

Last edited: