hadouken - 'real grindie'

outraygeous

these guys dont like me

also, is their a reason they can get play outs yet other people who do grime cant?

gumdrops

xxpost, id say commercial hip hop is the 00s hair metal, not indie. anyway, the reason these guys can get gigs and real grime cant is duh - cos theyre an indie band (ie safe). if ruff sqwad, wiley, skepta and co want more regular gigs, they should get some skinny guys with guitars to play with them. or a better idea - just get whoever works for lethal b cos lethal seems to get regular bookings at indie festivals and even at indie venues like the barfly.

Last edited:

pilau

Wild Horses
Cheers gumdrops, nope it's not a joke I'm afraid, we just got our video finished, it's <a href="">here</a> if you fancy a look.

Also just done a mix of latest bloc party single that I dare say wont be too popular here but if anyones interested you can download at <a href="http://www.hadoukenblog.blogspot.com">our blog</a>

gumdrops

xpost -
cool - will check out the remix (bloc party are only good when remixed anyway ;) )
are you guys signed yet?

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
hadouken don't do it for me i'm afraid. For ages i didn't listen to them because i associated them with too cool people in London i dind't like (not their fault), but then I listened and i dunno, it just jars a bit too much. And not in the way that they're too noisy - I just think perhaps the genres are thrown together rather than blended. I think genre mixing can be great, but it's like enter shakiri or however you spell it. Mixing trance and hardcore is on paper a great idea - but just putting some bubbly synths over hardcore isn't mixing the two genres up. It's just putting some bubbly synths over hardcore. But to be fair to hadouken (and enter shakiri) a lot of people like them, and live I can imagine both being good. I would also like to hear this bloc party remix.

Jacob

spotrusha

nothing i'd listen to, but i'm not going to diss it. more indie kids getting excited by grime and wanting to chime in with it. if these kids did just straght grime without and indie/rave/whatever spin on it, they wouldn't be looked at or listened to twice, so what they're doing is obviously working cause we're here talking about them.

spotrusha

after looking at their photos, i take everything positive i said in the previous post back.

Last edited: