UK Govt sluggish about Carbon emmissions

Woebot

I know one shouldnt wait on the government to enforce cutting down Carbon emmissions

BUT

surely it'll be the only fucking way of getting an across the board sea-change.

random examples:
• airlines- these fuckers should be reigned in
• public transport- trains and wotnot should be improved/subsidised
• exotic fruit and flowers- should probably be made obscenely expensive via tax
etc ad infinitum

i'll grumble fo' sure but will basically welcome all this.

AND?

what's going on? what are they actually doing? seems like nothing at all. the fucking twats.

(i guess there's an interesting civil liberties issue that could grow out of this...)

shudder

over here (Canada), our previous (Liberal) governments have been great at talking a lot and doing fuck all until right before they were defeated. This new Conservative government basically denied the whole thing for a while, and is now slowly starting to re-fund all the programs they cut. AAARRGGGHHHH!!

swears

preppy-kei
Yeah, it's going to have to be strictly enforced by the state on an international level, businesses won't self-regulate because they're terrified of having higher overheads than their competitors. But I don't see this happening any time soon, unfortunately.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I get mild rage attacks when I see English butter and New Zealand* butter next to each other in the supermarket. They taste EXACTLY the same, they even cost the same (???), the only difference is that one's travelled 50 miles, the other's come from the furthest place it could possibly have come from.
I mean, wines from Australia, Chile, S. Africa and so on are one thing, because many people prefer them (or at least think they're better value for money) than French/Italian/Spanish wines. But fucking butter?

Grrr.

*New Zealandish?