Throbbing Gristle sample i.d.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
there's a throbbing gristle(mainly Peter Christopherson i expect) live track (cabaret voltaire) that uses 2 samples/loops...the first is a prisoner describing his swallowing complusion (pica?) the other????
i think it could be from a seventies sitcom about a funeral parlor with Thora Hird in it (hazy memories of it)
any ideas?
(really liked their use of samples particulaly a version of epping forest that has Uncanny Grange Hill samples)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, awesome. Haven't heard that track so I can't help, I'm afraid, but I *heart* the Gristle. :)

martin

----
there's a throbbing gristle(mainly Peter Christopherson i expect) live track (cabaret voltaire) that uses 2 samples/loops...the first is a prisoner describing his swallowing complusion (pica?) the other????
i think it could be from a seventies sitcom about a funeral parlor with Thora Hird in it (hazy memories of it)
any ideas?
(really liked their use of samples particulaly a version of epping forest that has Uncanny Grange Hill samples)

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the first sample's from a 70s documentary about Rampton. No clue about the second, sounds like some demented kids' TV or Punch & Judy show?

Great thread though - I always wondered where that sample at the beginning of 'Knife In My Side' came from, with the Scottish bloke going, "I want you to go back in there with your teddy bear and pretend the room's perfect, can you do that?" and then 10 seconds later what sounds like him yelling "SERVES THE BASTARDS RIGHT!"

Sadly, TG probably can't even remember where they taped half of them from now....

john eden

male pale and stale
Some of the "samples" in the live shows were just grabbed off the telly or radio programmes which were on during their set, so there is no way they can be identified.

:cool:

labrat

hot on the heels of love
i hesitated to use the word sample's cos' they wern't invented yet:)
the samples on the track im on about shurely couldn't be in real* (broadcast) time as the Rampton guy was on about swallowing a chain and thora hirdds mate kept chanting "the chain, the pain"
sounds farcical - in fact eerie as fuck.

*unless you beleive in magik:D

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
"in Loving Memory" was the Thora Hird Tv series, knowing Sleazy it's probably from there, but dunno the tune in question.