john eden

male pale and stale
Did someone say "who can contribute the most boring post to this thread?"

Multiple quotes -

When you reply there is a button above the box you type words in that looks like this:
quote.gif

You can select text in your post and then press the button and it will show as a quote. If you want to attribute the quote to a particular person you can alter the first tag to read

{QUOTE=NAMEOFTHEPERSON}

(but you have to use square brackets)

martin said:
how do you do multiple quotes?

me said:
like this

IdleRich

IdleRich
John Eden said:
orignally posted by Martin
"how do you do multiple quotes?"
I thought that he meant nested quotes like that for when you want to quote someone quoting someone else. If so you just select the first, "inside" quote as JE said and then select the bigger area around it that you also want and do it again.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh, I know how to do that, I meant nested messages as Rich mentioned.
I think maybe it's a feature my browser just doesn't support, or something - every post just has a single 'quote' option for me, there's no 'inner' one.

zhao

there are no accidents
Yeah, but some people just flirt with everyone whether they mean to or not. It's like a habit.

very true. but not exactly what i was on about... i don't mind the fun party girls who just ooze sexuality, but of course no one in their right mind really takes their lewd behavior seriously and expect to go home with them. i'm talking about girls who seek you out and start things but in the end only want the attention, only want some kind of re-assurance of their desire-ability. girls who play games.

Go on, use the word 'prick-tease' - nomadologist'll be all over you in a second. ;)

oh i better not. nomad can be scary when she's in a bad mood :eek:

zhao

there are no accidents
ok. what the FUCK is up with you two. :mad:

I've had decent to good conversations with both of you, sometimes in complete disagreement, and both of you unkle-fuckers have behaved sensibly. so how did this stupid non-sense start in the first place???

Last edited:

sufi

lala
play nice please kiddies
it's a beautiful day which is not the time for sexism or misogyny, hatred (100,000,000) or homophobia (zhao)
i would delete 100,000,000's post too but y'all quoted him too many times .... yawn
will happily un-delete mr T's if he/she can convince the world it wasn't gross...

mms

sometimes
And whenever people try and defend working class obesity by saying, "That's such a middle class attitude, these people are so poor they can't buy healthy food". EH? Have you seen how much fried chicken and kebabs cost? So basically, working class people can't cook - what a load of toss.

the same goes for people who use class as a basis for disliking someone who has annoyed them a bit. Ie 'oh fuck him he's a spoilt middle class prick'. a friend does this all the time when what he means is i don't like what that person has done.

Last edited:

Eric

Mr Moraigero
Rules, as I understand them, don't have exceptions.

which suggests that probably the `could care less' thing is not a real exception---just a case that has migrated to fall under a different rule (ie. grammatical change/reanalysis).

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
When you quote someone else it doesn't get deleted even if the original post is deleted, making the quote mentioned a fake...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i would like to know as well. apparently it must be worse than what 100,000,000 said. if that's even possible?

It was a rather distasteful, but entirely light-hearted, joke comment about women who 'ooze sexuality' (as you put it) leaving some kind of trail. Yes, it was childish, but this is quite clearly a light-hearted thread. I would suggest HMLT consider developing a sense of humour, but I fear there's as much chance of that happening as of Paris Hilton discovering a cure for AIDS.

You'll also notice that it's the first time he's posted in this thread - only threads about Really Important Stuff usually warrant the delpoyment of hmlt's superhuman intellect and laser-keen m4d cri7ic@l 5killZ - and that he's done so purely to have a go at me. I suspect he's feverishly searching the entire Dissensus archive for my posts as we speak, getting more and more worked up, pausing only to reach for his asthma inhaler or thumb through his spunk-stained copy of Žìźéķ's Hegemonial Mindsoup: America's Trans-Imperial Neo-Textualism for a suitable quotation before his mum calls him down for tea.

Lol, 'tea'.

Last edited:
ok. what the FUCK is up with you two. :mad:

I've had decent to good conversations with both of you, sometimes in complete disagreement, and both of you unkle-fuckers have behaved sensibly. so how did this stupid non-sense start in the first place???

This is so hilarious.

You admit that you don't know [ a very odd, if not bizarre, confession coming from someone who is a regular contributor here, who should have a modicum of awareness of past exchanges and their context, unless you're an unfortunate sufferer of impaired vision or selective amnesia] how it started, have absolutely no idea what's going on, yet you can flippantly pass judgement on it all as "stupid nonsense".

Very sensible reasoning there, Zhao. [Trans: what the fuck is up with you ... ?]

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is so hilarious.

You admit that you don't know [ a very odd, if not bizarre, confession coming from someone who is a regular contributor here, who should have a modicum of awareness of past exchanges and their context, unless you're an unfortunate sufferer of impaired vision or selective amnesia] how it started, have absolutely no idea what's going on, yet you can flippantly pass judgement on it all as "stupid nonsense".

Very sensible reasoning there, Zhao. [Trans: what the fuck is up with you ... ?]

Good evening old chum.
I think zhao said what he said because although he and I have opinions that diverge wildly on a number of topics, as is pretty obvious by now, the fact that neither of us has a severe personality disorder allows us to continue to treat each other in a civil fashion rather than punching holes in our keyboards as we type and fantasising about eviscerating each other with rusty meathooks. You dig?