Dissensus Cassette Swap: Third Time Lucky

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
Dissensus Cassette Swap: Third Time Lucky **SIGN-UP CLOSES TODAY!**

It's the time of the year when a man's fancy turns to crate digging in warm, but dusty, thrift shops. A time when the brisk air of autumn pulls the trigger on one's creative desires. All of the experiences of the fading summer's gigs and shows and festivals gel into fresh tastes and ideas; new perspectives that chomp at the bit to escape the confines of one's brain. Let us celebrate this seasonal energy with the gift of analogue.

Sign up now: ferriteloveconnection at gmail dot com. Sign up concludes October 15th, 2007.

Just as a review, here are the rules:

Rule #1 : To get a tape, you must send a tape.

Rule #2 : By "tape", I mean cassette or CD-R. Both are allowed. If you committed to send a cassette or CD-R either by email or on this thread, please follow through with that commitment.

Rule #3 : Take your time and create something unique. You should be proud to say, "I made that tape."

Rule #4 : All tracklists/artwork must be hand-lettered/-drawn/-painted/-glued/-cast. No Photoshop.

Rule #5 : Tapes must be in the mail on or before November 30th, 2007.

Rule #6 : There is to be NO Rule 6.

Rule #7 : If you receive a tape, you must write a review. Be honest. Criticism is the heart and soul of Dissensus.

Rule #8 : If you signed up in the previous round, but did not send a tape, you are excluded from participating. You know who you are.

Go check out some of the incredible tapes and reviews from the last round.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
I could probably be up for this again.
I still want to know who got (and reviewed) mine, Martin seemed to think it was him but it wasn't.
Who made mine by the way as well, reckon it was dub_version but I don't know what I'm basing that on.

martin

----
Yeah, why not, might even get a review this time round. And I still have the two blank tapes from when I bought the TDK three-pack last time! That's me sorted up to Tape Swap 4 at least

Last edited:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I'm down, although my tape recorder is kind of shitty...

About rule 4: how dost we feel about collage? My drawing skills peaked some time ago.

Guybrush

Dittohead
I think I’ll sit this one out.

posl10wtc0609ar6.jpg

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Does it have to be mixed? I mean, I could learn how to use a mixing programme, but not sure I have the time to go from zero skills to something resembling, well, anything good at all, before the deadline. If it doesn't have to be, will def put my name to the dotted line.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Does it have to be mixed? I mean, I could learn how to use a mixing programme, but not sure I have the time to go from zero skills to something resembling, well, anything good at all, before the deadline. If it doesn't have to be, will def put my name to the dotted line.

Haha, better pair up with me. No BPM matching skillz whatsoever.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Does it have to be mixed? I mean, I could learn how to use a mixing programme, but not sure I have the time to go from zero skills to something resembling, well, anything good at all, before the deadline. If it doesn't have to be, will def put my name to the dotted line."
Don't think it has to be mixed. I mean, last time I just recorded it using one turntable and the stop button on the tape player so if it does have to be mixed I did it wrong. It was more of a compilation than a mix to be honest.

martin

----
No, it doesn't have to be mixed. I went for a 'taped John Peel' effect with loads of tunes crashing into each other, as if someone had hit record whenever a song started that they liked the sound of. I think there's a charm to having rough edges with this sort of thing, but then I'm not a DJ anyway.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
As other have said, it does NOT have to be mixed in any way. The bottom line is it can be anything you want, as long as it conforms to the few rules listed at the top of the thread.

Last edited:

vimothy

yurp
As other have said, it does NOT have to be mixed in any way. The bottom line is, it can be anything you want, as long as it conforms to the few rules listed at the top of the thread.

If anyone is going to mix my tape, can they do it extremely badly, please?

Also, what happens if I send a tape to someone who can't listen to them? Chef, will you let me know and I'll make a cd-r?