The end of Woebot

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Sad news. There's no one out there quite like it blogging ("oh i think i'll just take on the whole of jazz today..."). And as for Dissensus, I'm not sure my sanity can take relying on any other forum. Comeback Woebot all is forgiven!

mms

sometimes
It's pretty understandable, he's been doing it for a long time and he's got committed to alot of stuff. What a huge inspiring legacy though, i hope that the woebot archives are still standing for a long time and that this place is vibrant, intelligent, helpful and open to new people and ideas as it has been at it's best.

I kind of saw it coming, I can imagine it's been quite exhausting having children, a job, then undertaking huge projects on woebot and woebot tv then having to deal with the occasional child here too. God knows I don't have the energy to commit to anything like that at all!

Still it's clear that Matt has been one of the most committed, energetic, knowledgeable successful bloggers in the realm of music ever, i'm worried he won't be active in any way and i damn well hope he is, i think it's now more important than ever to have and attend those dissensian meets etc we had a few times and make sure that old and new aren't left out !

stelfox

Beast of Burden
I don't believe a word of it. He does this periodically: saying no more twanboc, then launching woebot; then no more woebot, and launching woebotnik; launching dissensus, then going back to woebot, then doing woebot tv; then going back to woebot again and now apparently shutting it all down. I am not going to say that I'll miss anything about the whole deal at all, but only because I don't think any of us will have to for too long. He'll hopefully surprise us all again in the not too distant future. If this is absolutely the end, though, I'm lucky enough to see Matt in person, which is often a bit like my own custom-made 3D edition of Woebot.tv plus beer, so I'll make do with that. Also Matt, if you're reading, I don't care if you do another blog or anything else on the internet. Do something big and special like a book or a film and get a big advance for it instead, please. Until the next project, thanks for some great work and for helping me waste a lot of time when I should have been otherwise employed!

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I don't believe a word of it. He does this periodically: saying no more twanboc, then launching woebot; then no more woebot, and launching woebotnik; launching dissensus, then going back to woebot, then doing woebot tv; then going back to woebot again and now apparently shutting it all down. I am not going to say that I'll miss anything about the whole deal at all, but only because I don't think any of us will have to for too long. He'll hopefully surprise us all again in the not too distant future. If this is absolutely the end, though, I'm lucky enough to see Matt in person, which is often a bit like my own custom-made 3D edition of Woebot.tv plus beer, so I'll make do with that. Also Matt, if you're reading, I don't care if you do another blog or anything else on the internet. Do something big and special like a book or a film and get a big advance for it instead, please. Until the next project, thanks for some great work and for helping me waste a lot of time when I should have been otherwise employed!

"I can't go on... I'll go on..."

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Also Matt, if you're reading, I don't care if you do another blog or anything else on the internet. Do something big and special like a book or a film and get a big advance for it instead, please.

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

Good that Blackdown - now Britain's greatest music blogger - did his own valedictory thread.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
What I learnt from bloggers, and still recite (sorry if it's paraphrased) :

"If you don't like Nando's, you're racist" - Stelfox

"Baboon don't eat the peanut" - luka

Woebot

What I learnt from bloggers, and still recite (sorry if it's paraphrased) :

"If you don't like Nando's, you're racist" - Stelfox

"Baboon don't eat the peanut" - luka

yeah sloane. pick another thread dude. this one's all about me and my glorification. :cool: