Drogbacite!

tom pr

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Drogbacite - or Drogbaness, in English - is a cultural phenomenon in music and dance that shows no signs of disappearing, even though the Elephants, the national team, did not get past the first round in Germany 2006. 'Drogbacite? It's all about me, about my success of the last four years [since his international debut],' he says. 'There is a special relationship between football and music, and Drogbacite comes from that. It's still popular. Me, I need my music, especially before a game. I use it at Chelsea to prepare in the dressing room.'

You can listen to the Drogbacite club hits on a compilation CD and to Drogba himself at the microphone on another disc. Before the World Cup, the Ivory Coast squad made a recording with Magic System, a local band, and both Drogba and the Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue showed that they can sing as well as play football. 'Yes, it's true I can sing,' says Drogba. 'But it's not what I do best.'

He does it well enough, though, and had the confidence to give a solo performance to the Ivory Coast President, Laurent Gbagbo, at a pre-World Cup reception in Abidjan.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,2002932,00.html

Mistersloane, do you have any of this stuff??

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
heh no I wish I did, the closest I've found so far was a CD which we thought was of Orlando Pirates football chants - was VERY excited - til we played it and it turned out to be really not very good :(, I'll keep my eyes out though.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
We saw this film called Essien 1&2 on TV in Ghana, which was a extremely low budget and hysterically inaccurate film of Michael Essien's career to date. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. The (black) actor playing Jose had a wig on that almost put me in traction.

tom pr

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

how adorable is this?!