dizzee rascal - off 2 work

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Instrumental is reasonably different.

The vocal illustrates what happens when you run off on your own from the scene that made you for 2 years. you end up making shite like this.

Poet for Hire

think its wicked
different for him, but hardly a conventional path for any artist crossin over
lyrics arent great but love the rhythm of the whole thing

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Any chance of some audio for those of us who will never get this in the shops?

Anyway, I heard a remix of 'stand up tall' on Semtex's hip hop show last week on 1xtra which I'm kinda into. Anyone got details on that?

nomos

Administrator
haha. the remix is kinda funny. plone-grime. not too taken with the original but not offended by it either.

C

captain easychord

i like the remix better for sure. jump up bizniss.

originaldrum

from start till done
there has been something about dizzee's last two singles that i can't really put my finger on, i'm sure it's something to do with a half fleeting thought i had about cornering some of the streets market, but either way i didn't really think about it for that long...

yeah its propper IDM on the production, but I think it's alright.
Its no Wheel or I Luv U but like, a bit of diversity never hurts. As long as the rest of his new stuff doenst start sounding like fucking Amon Tobin.
Logan sounds a bit bitter though,

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I'm liking this tune- it's not particularly heavy, but it's got an ithcy-scratchiness that makes you nod your head. Not nearly as good as Trapped which was a mad heavy tune, but Off To Work is an interesting detour.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
You'd be bitter if the most talented person in your scene started making tunes like this.

Big up Dizzee still, just this tune is very average

3underscore

I can see this really being a successful white label in indicating that this isn't the direction dizzee should be going in. It was getting a wide-scale slating in Uptown at the weekend.

Logan's point above that you'd be annoyed if the leading light did this is exactly right. On checking a record, there is an expectation with Dizzee, Wiley and others of a standard they have. I honestly thought this was a bootleg or a Dizzee fake when I first heard it.

Probably the first Dizzee record I gave back without a second thought. Hopefully the poor general reception this is receiving will offer some guidance, though I still question what inspired them to put this out to the public.

Poet for Hire

sorry, just not understanding what the issue is here

i like it much better than 'stand up tall'
why aren't people feelin it?
what were people sayin in uptown?
i think logan is being a bit melodramatic here, i've heard worse rhythms on dirty stank

beat is nice and fucked, vocals are catchy

isnt it commerical or 'urban' enough for people?

i just dont get this consensus that seems to have formed without much explanation?