some out of print records for you

zhao

there are no accidents
Avant C edition:

m07965mxglv.jpg

GIACINTO SCELSI - Music for Wind Instruments and Percussion

This collection of the late Italian composer Giacinto Scelsi marks the recorded debut of many of his smaller works. Ranging from 1954-1966, Scelsi's elongated tonal studies are given a rapt performance here by a nameless Dutch ensemble that carries off the task without flaw or unnecessary adornment (a constant temptation, it seems, with Scelsi's work). ... Scelsi looks past serialism's limited investigations of tonal dissonance and finds a type of consonance in duration and pitch without regard for scalar mathematics. These are gigantic leaps in the consideration of spatial relationships in compositional technique and sonic placement in the tonal one. This is a highly rewarding and necessary addition to the Scelsi canon, and an excellent introduction to the "aegis mysterium" that Scelsi created in 20th century music. - Thom Jurek, All Music Guide

SHUCKS

horatio_dizzy1.jpg

Horatio Radulescu - Dizzy Divinity
for flutes and solo bass flute

Radulescu’s “spectral technique of composition” makes extensive use of microtones to distribute sound energy across the acoustic spectrum.

1. Dizzy Divinity I
2. Byzantine Prayer
3. Frenetico il longing di amare
4. Capricorn's Nostalgic Crickets II

Conductor: Horatiu Radulescu (assistant Pierre-Alain Biget)
Performer: Pierre-Yves Artaud
Orchestra: Orchestre Francais de Flutes
Label: Adda

links deleted

B00004WKJA.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1116254511_.jpg

Morton Feldman: self-titled "green" disc on (Naive-)Montaigne

works from the 70s performed by Ensemble Recherche
(Montaigne MO 7820181994, released 1994;
Reissued as MO 782126 in 2000)

performed by the Ensemble Recherche

1. The Viola in My Life 1 (1970)
2. The Viola in My Life 2 (1970)
3. I Met Heine on the Rue Fürstenberg (1971)
4. For Frank O'Hara (1973)
5. Routine Investigations (1976)

links deleted

c10.jpg

Iancu Dumitrescu: Edition Modern 1001 (Medium III and other pieces)

"Iancu Dumitrescu's music is spectral, is electroacoustic, but above all is a coherent totality grounded in a different conception. Of all living composers, Dumitrescu is the one who has most exploded sound. Dumitrescu's work is a negation, from the depths, of everything in contemporary music symptomatic of distraction, of banalization, and of a radical loss of purpose. His music is not a new convolution in the knot of modern music, but an unravelling of the curse."
(intro to the Interview done by Tim Hodgkinson: http://www.furious.com/perfect/iancu.html)

links deleted

saariahokaija2.jpg

Kaija Saariaho: Chamber Music
Wolpe Trio / Andreas Boettger / Thomas Neuhaus

her earlier work was more difficult and abrasive, and later condensed into somewhat of a "signature style" associated with elongated, icy tones forming other-worldly arcs above subtle, alien soundscapes, often involving flutes, electronics, and voice. many of the pieces which comprise this recording, to my ears is the best possible synthesis of the complex dynamics of the earlier period and the alien beauty of the later, impeccably realized by the Wolpe Trio.

01: Cendres (1998) for alto flute, violoncellocello and piano [9:02] ,
02: Noa Noa (1992) for flute and electronics [8:21] ,
03: Mirrors (orig. version 1997) for flute and violoncello [3:31] ,
04: Spins and Spells (1996) for violoncello solo [5:58] ,
05: Monkey Fingers, Velvet Hand (1991) for piano solo [2:59] ,
06: Petals (1988) for violoncello (electronics ad libitum) [8:53] ,
07: Mirrors (version L. Olson 1998) for flute and violoncello [3:30] ,
08: Laconisme de l'aile (1982) for solo flute with optional electronics [10:23] ,
Six Japanese Gardens (1993/1995) for percussion and electronics [18:33]
09: Tenju-an Garden of Nanzen-ji Temple [3:08]
10: Many pleasures (Garden of Kinkaku-ji) [1:37]
11: Dry Mountain Stream [3:23]
12: Rock Garden of Ryoan-ji [3:56]
13: Moss Garden of Saiho-ji [2:48]
14: Stone Bridges [3:43]

Wolpe Trio:
Lesley Olson, flute
Scott Roller, violoncello
Susanne Achilles, piano

Thomas Neuhaus, live-electronics - (2, 6, 8)
Andreas Boettger, percussion and live electronics (9-14)

KAIROS 0012412KAI - Total Time: 72:12

links deleted

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
I think we've had this discussion a few times already. We can't really let the board be used to distribute copyrighted material, whether it's in print or not. It's generous of you zhao but I think it would be best if you used your blog for this. Likewise for anyone else.

zhao

there are no accidents
OUT OF PRINT OR NOT?!?!?! SERIOUS???

awwwwwww shucks...

ok all these and more: differentwaters.blogspot.com