what is it about grime?

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
We just had a grime night in a college bar here in Cambridge, there can't have been more than twenty people on the dancefloor, and it still managed to get itself closed down early because a fight started! It's like this genre has voodoo powers.

Ned said:
We just had a grime night in a college bar here in Cambridge, there can't have been more than twenty people on the dancefloor, and it still managed to get itself closed down early because a fight started! It's like this genre has voodoo powers.

What are the grime events at the junction like? Was thinking of getting myself down to one soon.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
its not the music. We have a night in NYC playing grime and have done several so far without even a hint of trouble. I think some people would fight in bars if you were playing eric satie.

Backjob

Ned said:

Ha! This takes me back...

I tried to run a happy hardcore/jump-up night in a Cambridge college bar in the mid 90s and it got shut down for being too druggy.

I don't think it's purely the music though - singaporeans don't get rowdy when grime is played, they just pester the dj to play something else. It's more that having a night like that in Cambridge is likely to engender some culture/class clash issues.