The End is closing

viktorvaughn

Says on the website. Quite like the inside of the club, much more palatable than Fabric (though smaller obviously).

Ach!

Turd on the Run
WHY!?

The Cross, Key, Canvas, Turnmills, Hammersmith Palais and soon both Astorias...

W.T.F?

mms

sometimes
let's hope not eh
the last thing london needs is more expensive living pods and not enough good living

Pulchritude

Ah, this sucks! Who's going to host the FWD nights now? The End was great, I've had loads of brilliant nights there. Though the toilets were some of the scummiest I've seen.

crackerjack

Very odd goings on at The End.

Went with a mate in jan, a week before it closed. He bought some drinks on plastic. He just rang to say there are three entries on his statement for £90 spent at The End, a month after it closed.

crackerjack

Fuck, that would wipe me out for the month.

It might do much the same for him, especially since he had a kid last summer and this was pretty much his first post-pub pass since then.

What I don't get is that the payments are debited to the club - so it's not just a case of details duplication and someone using them in a bank or shop.

mms

sometimes
It might do much the same for him, especially since he had a kid last summer and this was pretty much his first post-pub pass since then.

What I don't get is that the payments are debited to the club - so it's not just a case of details duplication and someone using them in a bank or shop.

he should be able to get it cleared up no?

i heard a rumour this place was reopening, it's funny how many clubs were ventures by members of london underworld families, turnmills, fabric etc, this is one of the few big clubs that wasn't.

crackerjack

i heard a rumour this place was reopening, it's funny how many clubs were ventures by members of london underworld families, turnmills, fabric etc, this is one of the few big clubs that wasn't.

Didn't know that about them, but it's a time-honoured tradition and the advatnages (cash-heavy business, shifting tackle) are fairly obvious. MCR's Konspiracy, way back when, was the same.

xero

was minusone
i heard a rumour this place was reopening

intriguing! - Does anyone know any more about this? I guess whoever bought the site to redevelop as luxury residential must be feeling their pants around their ankles right now

crackerjack

In case anyone was suspecting a connection between property developers taking a mudbath and my mate's plastic problems....he called back later to say it was actually some shop in Newcastle called The End. They fucked up a £90 purchase, which is why it appeared 3 times - two out, one in - on his statement.

He's an idiot, and I'm sure all owners and employees of The End, past and present, are all utterly scrupulous and splendid.

viktorvaughn

He's an idiot, and I'm sure all owners and employees of The End, past and present, are all utterly scrupulous and splendid.

no they aren't! bouncers have been cocks to me and i lost the amazing hood on my 150 quid coat there cos all their cloakrooms were full so i had to carry it around all night whilst getting mashed. surely should have space for a winters night and people bring cloaks...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The one night I went to this club, I stood in queue for three odd hours in vain hopes I'd get into one of those FWD nights. This was after the smoking ban came into effect. Bouncers were telling people who'd come out for a smoke they couldn't re-enter.

In the end got fed up went down the road to some goth-rockish type bar that was still serving. Listened to 'Voodoo' by Godsmack while Wiley performed where I had just come from.

powerpill

The one night I went to this club, I stood in queue for three odd hours in vain hopes I'd get into one of those FWD nights. This was after the smoking ban came into effect. Bouncers were telling people who'd come out for a smoke they couldn't re-enter.

In the end got fed up went down the road to some goth-rockish type bar that was still serving. Listened to 'Voodoo' by Godsmack while Wiley performed where I had just come from.

he never showed up to that i dont think, was that the pay as u go thing?