run the road - toronto - march 12 - UK headliners

C

captain easychord

any toronto cats should check this one out. toronto's grime debut!

RUN THE ROAD CD RELEASE
B-SIDE, 129 PETER ST.

FEATURING:
D DOUBLE E
JAMMER
EARS
STEADY MERKIN' SOUND

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT: PLAY DE RECORD, ROTATE THIS, THE VICE STORE
$12

nomos

Administrator
You're big, Luca! Nice work. Ill definitely see you there. :D

And Canada crew get ready. We'll be launching a Canadian Grime/Dubstep portal later this week with news, forums, event listings, mixes, and all the rest of it. Email or PM me for details.

More news to come, so keep it locked.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
And those in NYC should check:

Bangers and Mash and Vice Records Present:
The Run The Roads Record Release Party

featuring top boys from the UK:
JAMMER
DEE DOUBLE E
EARS

and your favorite locals:
DROP THE LIME
SHADETEK SOUND SYSTEM
MODE RAW

and in the bassment:
DEV79 and STARKEY
STAR EYES

March 11th, Rothko 116 Suffolk Street bet. Rivington and Delancey, Manhattan. 10PM $8.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I'll definitely be at the New York event, although I don't like the idea of putting money into Vice's pocket.

woops

is not like other people
Pearsall said:
I'll definitely be at the New York event, although I don't like the idea of putting money into Vice's pocket.

they probly need some after giving away so many free mags

Cornflake

thats sick, i was pretty sure i wasnt going to be able to get down to nyc, but i can do toronto for sure...i think a few boys from ottawa are coming....scene is really not coming along here but you know ottawa fuckin slow at everything...

tek tonic

slap dee barnes
holy snap! i haven't been this close to live grime since dizzee was supposed to play fabric but cancelled only after i was already through the doors, 15 pounds poorer. (acourse i was a total grime rube at that point - when i bought my first grime 12", i told the guy i was really enjoying the new stuff by 'Will-ee'). i'm there.

outraygeous

i would blatently come to toronto to dj!!
give me an excuse to see family and ill get a play out!!

whooo win:win situation!

C

captain easychord

paul would you like me to hold them at the door for you or are you coming into toronto anytime before the show?

nomos

Administrator
I'm not sure if I'll get in Friday nighht or sometime Saturday, so at the door would probably be easiest. Thanks a lot Luca.

Also, are you making flyers soon? I can send you a logo to put on it. The site's going live tonight or tomorrow.

C

captain easychord

definitely email me the logo as we're designing the flyers as we speak.

C

captain easychord

not yet. i think the mailmen on my route are getting a little tired of me chasing their trucks down the block.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
re: giving vice money

The money is not going to Vice, it is going 75% of it to the boys from LDN and the rest to us, the broke ass promoter/DJs. I know Vice can be problematic but they have the money to pay for international plane tickets, which makes the NYC, Philly and T.O. shows possible at all.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
SIZZLE said:
re: giving vice money

The money is not going to Vice, it is going 75% of it to the boys from LDN and the rest to us, the broke ass promoter/DJs. I know Vice can be problematic but they have the money to pay for international plane tickets, which makes the NYC, Philly and T.O. shows possible at all.

Don't worry, I was just being sarcastic. I think Vice is a terrible waste of trees, possibly one of the shittiest magazines I've ever seen, but that's no reason not to go.

I'll be there for the party.