bloggers

Blackdown

nexKeysound
why doesnt anyone else bother blogging anymore? twitter and facebook aren't a substitute.

dan hancox, mel b, paul autonomic - i'm calling you out!

boomnoise: great start, now what?

i'm not even mentioning ex stars like chantelle fiddy, kid kameleon, hyperfrank, gutter (kinda).

what's going on!

Elijah

Butterz
Hyperfrank is a recruitment consultant I think. Doubt she has given up listening to Grime, but she has distanced herself fully from everyone in the scene.

Blackdown are you trying to say, we need more bloggers lol?

We need some more blogs in here we need some more blogs in here.

*My blog hasn't been has regular this year as I have been doing my final year @ University. Letting the music that I put up do the talking for now.. Never have been much of a writer anyway.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Blogging peaked, at least in this community, in the summer and winter and spring of 03/04. It died with the crap summer of 04. And the advent of Dissensus, weirdly, put a big nail in the coffin. Luke said to me and Matt in Spring 04 down the Palm Tree, "I don't like it any more" And he was right: K-punk was going Communist, I was going Hitchens-lite, Matt was raisig a family, Jim gave up. It stopped, the moment passed. Penman, in particular, went AWOL, and he was important. I guess Reynolds dug in.

Why blog now? Why waste the energy? We're all trying to write books. The one legacy of it is this forum.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Why blog now? Why waste the energy?

i cant believe i'm having to justify this... mainstream music press are too narrow minded, PR lead and slow moving, that unlike a book you can reach large numbers of people quickly, yet unlike twitter/facebook you can describe ideas/scenes in detail.

i think the value of blogs is independent of whether they're hype or not or whether the summer of 04 was epochal or not.

nomos

Administrator
actually i was thinking of posting something later this week to go along with a mix. and i've had the itch to start writing again, but less about music. i don't know if it's work and pleasure getting too close to each other but i lost the stomach for it in recent months. and i've had almost no interest in writing about funky even though i've been following it closely and DJing a lot. something about being involved from a different angle this time around. but i need to buckle down and get some things done so blogging will probably end up being a release valve for that.

agreed about twitter. gutta tried to ensnare me but i wasn't having it.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Blogging peaked, at least in this community, in the summer and winter and spring of 03/04.
With all due respect to those few who knew Matt and/or Mark at the time this forum kicked off, hopefully it's pretty bloody obvious that both in terms of sheer numbers of users and who is posting on here, "this community" is ... well, not only those people.

martin

----
The whole 'golden age of blogging' schtick is basically a load of speccy girls' blouses shrieking "I did it before you!" - which I suppose is understandable, taking human nature into account, though it's a bit like that putrid corpse John Lydon complaining about young people being brainwashed by X Factor. It's not everyone else's fault if they ran out of ideas. Personally, I reckon Kid Shirt, Idiot's Guide to Dreaming, Prancehall and Ritual Landscape trashed most of that 2003 stuff hands down. But the bloke who really needs to come out of retirement is Dubversion - never met him, but I kind of feel like I did, just reading his stuff.

Dissensus is just a way to kill some time at work and wind up people you don't know, no?

craner

Beast of Burden
it's pretty bloody obvious that both in terms of sheer numbers of users and who is posting on here, "this community" is ... well, not only those people.

Fair point. The whole things got out of control!

luka

i thought cathy's peking-o and other blogs 'trashed' Kid Shirt, Idiot's Guide to Dreaming, Prancehall and Ritual Landscape not to mention 'all that 2003 stuff'
but everyone else shouted louder.