They stole my teenage memories

Noah Baby Food

Just seen a TV ad for UK broadband provider Wannadoo, featuring attractive young folks running about in a scrapyard. The soundtrack was "Nervous Breakdown" by Black Flag. WTF? One of my favourite songs, ever. Not sure how I feel about this. Anyway.

martin

----
Never mind that, have you heard TG's "United" on that mobile advert? And the last two lines of Crass's "Big A Little A" are on that long-distance learning course ad - you know, that thing for people in their 40s who can't count their change or write their names

jenks

thread death
the system's gonna get you but it won't get me - seems a little hollow, are you sure? i really must watch commercial television more often.
i suppose you could argue it's all about being liberated etc and learning to read and write might do that for the illiterate, however...would crass have let them use it - i need answers. :confused:

hint

party record with a siren
jenks said:
would crass have let them use it - i need answers. :confused:

unless they signed any kind of publishing deal that stated otherwise, they would have to give the green light before any adverts could be made using their music.

john eden

male pale and stale
I am sure Crass would approve of adult education anyway... mind you they can't really make a big show out of their stuff being on adverts after "Shaved Women" was used in a Bisto commercial (with altered lyrics about gravy, of course) back in the day, can they?

martin

----
Apparently Penny Rimbaud's in the middle of a 50,000 word essay explaining why he let them use the track - it's kosher and anarcho really, you're all just too blind to see - his commune's in a right state at the moment. It was alright for you Jack when you were paying no more than £2 a record, but now the old bloke's roof's falling in, you all wanna slag him down for earning some royalties! Actually I hate to tell you this but I was having a drink with some corporate slag from Wanadoo at Xmas and I dared him £5 to put Black Flag on the new advert - so blame me. (He declined the £10 bet to have two lesbian schoolgirls swapping a lump of half-digested raw steak between their mouths with DJ Scud in the background).