Songs About Machines

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
New No New Age Advanced Ambient Motor Music Machine!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
The old:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and the new:

Edit: not that either of those really count as 'songs' I guess. But hey, they mention machines in the titles!

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Machines by Lothar and The Hand People seems like a precursor of that kind of production line thing in terms of its lyrics at least - "Machines, they keep right on going" - if not in sound so much (although I seem to remember some clanking noises and stuff). And if I remember rightly Lothar was himself a machine.

edit - here's the obligatory youtube link

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz

jme/skepta/plastician - machines

faustus

(this is kind of the opposite of what you wanted tho maybe?)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Machine by Ning - has this kind of driving krauty beat, but it also reminds me of We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel

(the b-side is called More Ning which makes me smile sadly)

IdleRich

IdleRich
I guess robots are machines right? This one is definitely from a happier innocent age when after working all day the robots had a quiet relaxing drink in the evening. Or maybe they were just programmed to be joyously happy the whole time which is probably what you ought do if you if you are a robot maker who is able to do that I guess.

D

droid

That Taurus track is hilarious. Theres a load of these anti-tech tunes in reggae as well as all the pro-tech tunes of the digi era - Computer, Computer Knife and Fork, Robot voice, Synthesizer voice etc..

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
I guess robots are machines right? This one is definitely from a happier innocent age when after working all day the robots had a quiet relaxing drink in the evening. Or maybe they were just programmed to be joyously happy the whole time which is probably what you ought do if you if you are a robot maker who is able to do that I guess.

Ahhh, those good old days where every young girl's dream was to slow-dance and snuggle with a smartly-suited cyborg...

padraig (u.s.)

Edit: not that either of those really count as 'songs' I guess. But hey, they mention machines in the titles!

well, I obviously didn't just mean "songs" like some bloke with a guitar sings about his lawnmower or whatever. tho those would be fine too. I certainly listen to far far more tracks than songs. & track-ier/trackiness by its nature lends itself more to machinery.

(this is kind of the opposite of what you wanted tho maybe?)

no not at all that's great, perfect almost. a song that is all the more effective by its kind of knowing naivety, love the Luddite vibe & connection of technology to Babylon. the sheer absurdity of "the emails, she was a he-male" made me laugh.

I meant "machines" pretty loosely. not just computers. also cars, guns, blenders, printing presses, circular saws, amplifiers, pencil sharpeners, whatever. & simple machines - reckon there's a serious deficiency of tracks about levers & pulleys.

also peoples' relationships with machines.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

padraig (u.s.)

I guess robots are machines right?

they definitely are.

it's unavoidable really. drones & onward. we'll probably have robot "soldiers" by 2020 or 2025 at the latest. increased automation everywhere.

Theres a load of these anti-tech tunes in reggae as well as all the pro-tech tunes of the digi era - Computer, Computer Knife and Fork, Robot voice, Synthesizer voice etc..

bring 'em on then...

padraig (u.s.)

But that sounds great...

keep reading - couldn't agree more!!!

if there was ever a Dissensus band that's what I imagine it would sound like. raver dads (*EDIT* fuck me - & raver moms too - & ravers who don't believe in breeding - well you get the point) singing about their lawnmowers & like.

DannyL

Wild Horses

I would like this young lady to be my technican and reboot us both to a bright cybernetic future together.