Roll Deep on Westwood

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
They shouldn't have gone on yet. The album has no name, and no release date, and they have no release date for their first single.

Was lively though

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
If that is the same album that was leaked, I have to say I don't rate it. It is trying too hard to be an RnB release. Creeper kicks it.

boy better know

I'm Serious
Tactics said:
why was JME there with them?

I've heard that he and Skepta are now in Roll Deep, but i reckon really it's more like Stryder's situation with Roll Deep a while ago, where they'll do sets with them and stuff, but not actually join the crew. I really can't see Meridian splitting up. Sier and Gift were there too, and as far as i know, they're not in the crew either.

Skepta merked Westwood differently.

I think Roll Deep just took too many people along to Westwood with them to really showcase themselves adequately in the short timeslot they had. For people like us who know all the MCs who were there, it was great to hear them all bringing out their biggest lyrics and getting all energetic, but to the average Westwood listener, it might be a bit too much to hear a dozen MCS in 15 minutes.

Roll Deep were the best thing I've heard on Westwood since the 'Wu-Tang 1' show where you didn't hear Westwood's voice once.

Last edited:

luka

like i say i think lee can do for you. i got the wu tang one on tape where they don't let westwood speak, odb going mental talking about jupiter and saturn, thats classic.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
I'll try and pose it up via yousendit tommorow - otherwise you can only listen to it with the bbc player unless you rip it with streambox, which you can do.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
luka said:
like i say i think lee can do for you. i got the wu tang one on tape where they don't let westwood speak, odb going mental talking about jupiter and saturn, thats classic.

any chance of posting this?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Wicked Lioness thanks. I managed to find it on on listen again anyway, they start around 1hr 43mins on Westwood's Friday show.

Lively!

S

simon silverdollar

ha ha, roll deep are well rowdy! i like the bit where westwood is saying that lethal b opened doors for them, and they get really angry and have a go at him saying, 'you ain't even heard any grime, westwood'
i like the way that [sometimes] they don't give a fuck at all about playing 'the game' and behaving themselves so that the mainstream media will like them.

trim sounds really good on this as well.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
boy better know said:
For people like us who know all the MCs who were there, it was great to hear them all bringing out their biggest lyrics and getting all energetic, but to the average Westwood listener, it might be a bit too much to hear a dozen MCS in 15 minutes.

For those of us who haven't had a chance to get to know all the MCs, can anyone give us a run down - which is which?

mpc

wasteman
silverdollar will be able to i.d everyone.

is that skepta on there as well?

i know jme is there but there's someone who sounds like jme but isn't him.

S

simon silverdollar

roughly speaking, cuz i can't remember many of the lyrics that they did on westwood:

roachie- the one that says 'when i'm ere' all the time.
scratchy- high pitched voice who goes 'yiyiyiyiyiyi' lots. does that surreal 'ronda' bit.
trim- slow and raspy and has lyrics about Fumin, and that nice lyric that's something like 'had love, lost it, pushed and shoved it'.
wiley-monotone and does a lyric about 'cheat on yr girl, that's another scar' or something i think.
riko- yardie/cockney switching of accents. the first mc in the live bit. he does his 'all informer fi dead' lyric
i think might be brazen after riko but i'm not sure.
breeze- 'barking up the wrong tree' lyric., stop/start flow.
godsgift- another yardie/cockney one, lots of lyrics about lethal b, and he does his 'dead that' lines.
j.me- says 'serious' and those lyrics about pool.

syer- cockney shouty style- says 'gonna chat some lyrics about yr mum then i'm gone' or something, towards the end, after god's gift's just done his 'lethal b you know we're not equal' bit.
can't think of anyone else who was on.

Last edited by a moderator:

mpc

wasteman
jme is the one who says 'serious' every 5 seconds.

scratchy does the funny high pitched sounds

"finito, done and dusted....." - trim

"you're not raw on the..." scratchy

"draw for the 'chete...." - sounds like jme, but isn't so could be skepta or someone from meridian

"owwwww...." etc (threatening to kill someone or something) - god's gift

"i cut the 8 ball by eye..." - jme

"i drop bomb after bomb...." - god's gift

"u don't wanna see me rip this mic apart...." - syer

"call out ma name call out ma name call out ma name...." riko

"better hide your girl when i'm 'ere" roachie

then it's trim talking about lethal b and fumin.

could be syer after trim.

i think riko and god'sgift sound v. similar.

also, sometimes i hear syer on the radio and he reminds me of wiley.

is that just jme on there or is there someone else from meridian?

Last edited:

boy better know

I'm Serious
mpc said:
"draw for the 'chete...." - sounds like jme, but isn't so could be skepta or someone from meridian

is that just jme on there or is there someone else from meridian?

yeah, that's skepta.

as i said, he merked it.

EDIT:

I just played it back. here's the mcs in the order they had the mic for the freestyles:

riko ("dead again soundboy dead again")
manga ("not any boy from anywhere chatting anything")
breeze ("i'm not a shotta love, i do a bit of music")
wiley ("cheat on your girl that's one more scar")
roachee ("don't wanna see your black face WHEN I'M 'ERE!")
trim ("mad sick headless, smoke weed til i'm restless")
scratchy ("EE-EE-EE-EE-EE")
skepta ("go on then go on then draw for the 'chete")
god's gift ("AOOWW! Which boy fi dead?")
riko ("my homey said dead that")
jme ("started the game, picked up a Q....SERIOUS!")
riko ("oi lethal, we're not equal")
sier ("It's sier b for bars")
riko ("call out me name dat a one ting")
roachee ("shank shank shank when i'm 'ere")
trim ("fuck lethal b and the freckle faced thing that moves with him")
breeze ("rudeboy i'll kick uranus to mars")

Last edited:

luka

there's no chance of putting that onto computer, i wouldn't know where to begin, it's on cassette. i can't imagine you'll find it in the radio one archives, its from years ago, sorry. i spose i could tape it for you and you could put it onto dissensus, if i can find it, which might take a while