more Tim Hecker pls?

jahtao

hello.

longtime lurker, first time poster.

Tim Hecker's Harmony In Ultraviolet is amazing. Can anyone recommend me something similar

ta v much

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I'm not a Hecker fan, but think the sound of that album has a lot in common with Fennesz... I like the earliest, noisiest Fennesz material most, but his album 'Venice' might be a good intro for the more mellow stuff. 'Endless Summer' is the one that had indie kids changing their undies with excitement, and it does have some really good bits.

Other bits of guitar-based ambience I can think of that tend towards the Hecker-ish droney / raised on My Bloody Valentine type sound...

Mark Templeton - Standing on a Hummingbird (or any of them)

Lokai (forgot the album name, it's on Mosz Records)

Sebastien Roux - Pillow (after that he's got much more electroacoustic sounding.. juddery stopping and starting)

Rafael Toral - Violence of Discovery and Calm of Acceptance

Oh, if you're not a label trainspotter, try checking out some more stuff on Kranky - that's the label that released 'Ultraviolet'.

And recent bits and pieces of the 12k label's output have headed towards the more fuzzy guitary ambient stuff Kranky's known for. Definitely try Pillowdiver's 'Sleeping Pills', Giuseppe Ielasi's 'August', and Seaworthy's '1897'. Streamable tracks on the label site.

Last edited: