The knife's Opera

Lethem

Interloper out 1st of Oct
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am really hoping this comes to London on Tour. I was blown away by Fever Ray at Sonar this year and I love the music these guys make.

I hear that The Knifes next studio Album will be the music for this Opera.

Maybe its not to everyone's taste but think its fantastic.

crackerjack

Knife/Fever Ray are the best thing in music right now. Knife gig at Forum 2006 and Fever Ray at Shep Bush a few months back, wee both stunning. she plays Forum again in Dec

Dunno what this will be like though - presumably the album will be a live performance of their music by the opera company, so no vox from Karin.

polystyle

Liked some of the cuts on their album alot,
and at least they are trying things.
Not a huge fan of the opera mode or vocals,
but hey if it's where they wanted to go ...

padro1982

Knife/Fever Ray are the best thing in music right now. Knife gig at Forum 2006 and Fever Ray at Shep Bush a few months back, wee both stunning. she plays Forum again in Dec.

Agreed + didn't know about the December show, ticket booked immediately, cheers! Loved the Shepherds Bush show.

Last edited:

stephenk

going to see the fever ray spectacle tomorrow...was a little iffy because i'm much more of a knife fan but i've barely seen any shows this year
honestly i think the videos are the true genius part of the fever ray project...i wish someone would make "if i had a heart" into a feature film

crackerjack

going to see the fever ray spectacle tomorrow...was a little iffy because i'm much more of a knife fan but i've barely seen any shows this year
honestly i think the videos are the true genius part of the fever ray project...i wish someone would make "if i had a heart" into a feature film

the album's getting a reissue with DVD of all the vids, so you can make do with that til someone wades in with the feature budget. Fever Ray show isn't as spectacular as the Silent Shout, but similar vibes - pure darkness, lit only by a dozen standing lamps scattered around the stage (god, i'm such a fanboy at the mo :eek:)

padro1982

Yeah the 'If I Had A Heart' vid is incredible, hints at so much which could be great if developed further.

I think the opera will be amazing, it's not a medium I like but by the looks of it it will be heavily electronic and very contemporary, definitely not your typical.

stephenk

the inclusion of yo la tengo's "everyday" on fever ray's RA mix is pretty apt i think, from my favorite yo la tengo album (+ creepy weird cinematic cover art, maybe from a movie in the same canon as the "if i had a heart" video)...it's a total precursor to her album...drones, repetitive murky drums, "graveyard of daily life" type lyrics, "i wanna cross my heart/i wanna hope to die"