AWOL xmas 1993 mix

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Is GQ not really annoying?? Here's a perfect example of acting "cool" as in that other thread. Really afraid to show any emotion, let any expression enter his voice. Compare him to Robbie D. Kinda sad that it's the GQ's that went on to dominate d'n'b mc'ing but I suppose it fits the music. There was just no crazyness left to accomodate the likes of Robbie D.
 

bassnation

the abyss
DigitalDjigit said:
Is GQ not really annoying?? Here's a perfect example of acting "cool" as in that other thread. Really afraid to show any emotion, let any expression enter his voice. Compare him to Robbie D. Kinda sad that it's the GQ's that went on to dominate d'n'b mc'ing but I suppose it fits the music. There was just no crazyness left to accomodate the likes of Robbie D.
i dunno, i like gq personally. "absolutely t for tremendous"

theres an mc that really gets on my tits on some top buzz mixes i've got. don't know his name but hes got these really odd shouts like "rocking to the sound of the living concubine" and he adds "ah" to the end of every sentence like an 'ardkore mark e smith.
 

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
You talking about Mad P of Top Buzz. He is great! Well...he talks a bit much, but he is hillarious and totally incomprehensible.
 

nomos

Administrator
Yeah I have to say I like GQ on these earlier sets. Sometimes he seems a little unsure of himself and it comes across in his voice. Compare that to the AWOL @ The Ministry CD or later tapes where he really starts to sound pompous and the routines are old hat.
 

nomos

Administrator
HAHAHA. :rolleyes: Here I got all excited and it turns out I already have this one. One of the best recordings of anything, anywhere, ever, IMO. It gives me shivers.

Re: Miami - pt. 1, 10:38
 
Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
DigitalDjigit said:
bring on the ID already.
ok - the tune i am looking for is around 31:40 mins on mix 1. it follows doc scott "nhs" and its a funky bongo-inflected jungle tune, with a vocal bit about half way through. really need to get hold of this. gq says something about "the hypnotist".

i was listening to this mix the other week mashed after coming back from a club and it does the trick in that kind of frame of mind.
 

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Bassnation, I know that tune. It's a Photek production, Jump mk II, under his Studio Pressure alias on the Certificate 18 label. Catalogue CERT1804

Wicked track.
 

nomos

Administrator
I don't suppose anyone has any pics of AWOL events at Paradise? Or stories? I'd love to know more about the place.
 
Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
autonomicforthepeople said:
I don't suppose anyone has any pics of AWOL events at Paradise? Or stories? I'd love to know more about the place.
mr reynolds writes about AWOL in his book Energy Flash...
 

bassnation

the abyss
DigitalDjigit said:
Bassnation, I know that tune. It's a Photek production, Jump mk II, under his Studio Pressure alias on the Certificate 18 label. Catalogue CERT1804

Wicked track.
thank you very much! right, now going to get on ebay and see if i can find it for a reasonable price! :D
 

nomos

Administrator
bassnation said:
mr reynolds writes about AWOL in his book Energy Flash...
Thanks. Yeah I've got SR's book and Martin James' Jungle - The Story So Far. Both are really vivid in their descriptions. I was hoping more people might have stories about their experiences there.
 
Top