hah! yeah it's not one of his finer moments... very flat & monotonous. That's the only version i've heard though. I'll have to try and track down a better vocal. I'm still not sure about those fluttery little noises over the top but it's a great bassline.Edward said:wow yeah that's great, well fruityloops UK style bass, I will have to hunt it down.
I take back what I said about the vocal making it better though, that vocal is awful.
the original is by ward 21??
Eric said:Who are these people? I've been hearing this name around lately ...
dsp13 said:hah! yeah it's not one of his finer moments... very flat & monotonous. That's the only version i've heard though. I'll have to try and track down a better vocal. I'm still not sure about those fluttery little noises over the top but it's a great bassline.
gumdrops said:ifind myself liking the razor x album on rephlex much more than i thought i would... only skimmed through it so far but i like it more than that other mutant ragga album the bug did a few years back
no no no no no no... I'm sorry but I can't wear this... it does have the same "bouncing ball" quality as the end of the bass pattern in "flat beat" but oizo ( as f*&king amazing as he is) definately didn't invent that concept. and even if the film clip had a puppet as cute & crazy as flat stanley it still wouldn't come anywhere near flat beat. I would pay $100 for a worthy follow up to analogue worms in the same style without a second thought (and I'm not a wealthy man). It's one of my favourite albums.hint said:It's basically a slightly slower (and, in my opinion, inferior) version of Mr. Oizo's Flat Beat
I've been a huge techno animal fan for years and I was more excited than most about the bug lp but for me it's all about bombs.beats, bass, weapons... most of the other tracks on the lp I could quite happily do without. Have you heard his T Raumschire (?) Robauken Disko (?) remix? Well worth tracking down. And how devastatingly brilliant was "Pirahna" w/ Toasty Tailor on the "BROTHERHOOD OF THE BOMB" LP?!!!!!!! That's the kind of shit I was hoping there would be more of on that Bug LP. Still waiting for my local record store to get the razor x comp in stock.mms said:its a relentless rush while the pressure album is alot more varied and chilled in places - they perform different functions and are two separate things really imo
dsp13 said:no no no no no no... I'm sorry but I can't wear this... it does have the same "bouncing ball" quality as the end of the bass pattern in "flat beat" but oizo ( as f*&king amazing as he is) definately didn't invent that concept.
I've asked this before in this, or another thread... what do you think of moustache half a scissor? Do any of you own it?
stelfox said:a few things i like right now...
1) da dummy by e-40 - great stuff from oakland veteran mc: crunk + ecstasy + a few thousand miles = a good thing
2) southern man by bavu blakes. one of the best freestyle rappers i've ever seen does a great version of the neil young classic.
3) pretty much everything i'm hearing by keak da sneak - growliest voice ever.
4) kwaito! kwasa kwasa by all stars, roba letheka by ishmael especially
5) riko's bars on the alligator riddim on lord of the decks 3,
6) beenie man's come again on donovan bennett's sweat riddim (real sick fast-chat stuff with a blistering opening scat)
7) vybzy versa love feat barrington levy off the new kartel album
8) k-swift club queen volume 6: the jump off (especially one track called hornz joint)