The Necks

forclosure

alright lads come on gwan have a chinwag about this lot

i was relistening to this album far as im concerned another success in their tank and ive pretty much liked most of what theyve done

but what do you lot think, im sure somebody has some ludicrous point about how their "ambient fascist" or some bullshit

Leo

saw them in 2010, was really pretty great the way the improv builds, comes together, then disassembles. I have 10 or so of their earlier albums, don't listen to them often enough but the perfect thing when in the mood. I recall aquatic, silent night and hanging gardens being favorites.

wonder how much post production there is on the albums. after seeing them live, I'm guessing maybe not much, which is amazing when you consider they do 60-minute tracks.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Piano, bass and drums was amazing to my 20 something year old mind. Should revisit and see how it still fares

DannyL

Wild Horses
Seen 'em live a few times and really liked them. The bass seemed to come through and dominate which I liked a lot. i kinda feel it's underutilised outside of live jazz/improv or confined to a simple rhythmic role. Have never really delved into the recorded catalogue so would welcome pointers.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
One of the best live acts I've ever seen, hour-long sets that feel like 10 minutes. Saw them a few years back with a full orchestra, just undulating waves that oddly reminded me of jungle.

Leo

One of the best live acts I've ever seen, hour-long sets that feel like 10 minutes. Saw them a few years back with a full orchestra, just undulating waves that oddly reminded me of jungle.

ha...certian drum sections of "silent night" (or is it "hanging garden"?) have always reminded me of jungle, good call.