why is there no wikileaks thread?

petergunn

plywood violin
is everyone too saturated w/ this to have a dissenian opinion?

it's on the the front page every day here in nyc...

luka

the dissensus opinion is troublemakers and shit stirrers are good in themselves. inherently good and holy. pissing off powerful people is good and holy.

crackerjack

At the moment I'm more shocked by the reaction than the content.

Death penalty, treason, drones...

That raging misfiring death star Palin comparing Assange to bin Laden.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I touched on it in ye olde War In Iran thread yesterday...I dunno, apart from the sheer volume of stuff that's come out, it doesn't seem all that surprising. It's easy to see why conservative figures in the US are pissed off with all of their country's dirty laundry over the last few years being aired around the world.

Last edited:

luka

thats the standard too cool for school response tea. i think its the wrong response. the proper response is glee.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm full of glee as well!

Just because something isn't surprising, doesn't mean it can't make you smile. And anything that makes Sarah Palin howl with indignation can only do that.

luka

oh well good we're in agreement, i even thought of a soup i like. i like rasam. i love it. in fact any soup without food inside i dont mind. heinz tomato soup for instance. but if there's food in i dont like it.

martin

----
I think the others all are too busy twittering about the student demos.

But yeah, it's been the best thing on the internet in ages - first thing to persuade me to bookmark the Guardian site anyway, just to watch the updates as they come. Though I agree with Tea - there's nothing in there to cause outrage/hilarity, like drunken comments about "cutting Israel loose", Clinton making racist remarks about Obama or confirmation of specific assassinations - yet. But it's been good fun anyway.

The Assange rape charges confuse me though. If they're nothing more than an attempt to discredit the bloke, surely Interpol must realise how retardedly blatant they look to everyone else?

deadtrax

abyssus abyssum invocat
oh well good we're in agreement, i even thought of a soup i like. i like rasam. i love it. in fact any soup without food inside i dont mind. heinz tomato soup for instance. but if there's food in i dont like it.

what, not even seafood noodle soup? you prefer HEINZ to that???? i think we need a soup thread.

PeteUM

It's all grist
This Russia stuff makes me fear for Assange.

Vladimir-Putin-and-Silvio-006.jpg

deadtrax

abyssus abyssum invocat
what, not even seafood noodle soup? you prefer HEINZ to that???? i think we need a soup thread.

there's something about their base level tomato that gets quite sickly after a while. its also as MOR as it gets - the dire straits of the cheap tinned soup world.

i'm also quite partial to a heinz chilli bean soup.

//derailment//

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, it's not surprising stuff in the main but the point is that it confirms a load of stuff that everyone knows and that the powers-that-be constantly deny (well I guess no-one denies that Prince Andrew is anything but a total moron but you know what I mean) with bland, non-specific denials. This confirmation is a good thing. And if it pisses off a load of wankers so much the better.