barty's magical mumble rap roundup

sadmanbarty

That's a shame, I was hoping there'd be something good and new around, rather than trawling through the 80s and 90s again as per usual...

i'd rather this thread didn't descend into 'all music made after 2002 is shit' if we can fellas. cheers.

sadmanbarty

Huncho Jack- Black & Chinese

Mongol hoards imminent. Charging. You’re flustered and panicked with every step of their rapid encroachment. Raiders.

Music that makes you desperate for fortification. The Great Wall of China.

Asiatic insurgency. Asiametric warfare.. Mao Zedong ‘On Guerilla Warfare’. Viet Cong “out the trees”, “moving in and out the boarder”. Cambodia.

Travis Scott’s opening hurling gurgles. Narcosis. Opium wars.

His ad-libs, music made by a generation reared on Pokemon.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Mongol hoards imminent. Charging. You’re flustered and panicked with every step of their rapid encroachment. Raiders.

Music that makes you desperate for fortification. The Great Wall of China.

Asiatic insurgency. Asiametric warfare.. Mao Zedong ‘On Guerilla Warfare’. Viet Cong “out the trees”, “moving in and out the boarder”. Cambodia.

Travis Scott’s opening hurling gurgles. Narcosis. Opium wars.

His ad-libs, music made by a generation reared on Pokemon.

the bitter revenge of trance.

luka

How does it remind you of trance third? I liked it although I would have just assumed it was migos all sounds the same to me. Also I find them all bratty which is a turn off. They don't sound like they punch people in the face. The brattiness is where I sympathise with third saying it's all emo pop punk influenced. That specific grotesque American teen personality "I want my Cheetos fuck you mom" all that carry on.

luka

It just occurred to me that I'm crediting that insight to third when actually I think it was webs eschatology who first made the comparison. Sorry.

sadmanbarty

Anyway let's carry on with this. I enjoyed that one. Keep them coming.

1) we've had a lot of me recently with the sex thread, so i'll wait for a bit

2) i'm not that keen on this music right now for some reason. i come and go with it. i'll do it when i fall back in love with it again.

sadmanbarty

How does it remind you of trance third? I liked it although I would have just assumed it was migos all sounds the same to me. Also I find them all bratty which is a turn off. They don't sound like they punch people in the face. The brattiness is where I sympathise with third saying it's all emo pop punk influenced. That specific grotesque American teen personality "I want my Cheetos fuck you mom" all that carry on.

this is what i said about auto-tune on the tommy lee thread. it works best with whiney, nasal voices. thus the death of the rapper/dancehall artst as the masculine ideal.

sadmanbarty

The brattiness is where I sympathise with third saying it's all emo pop punk influenced. That specific grotesque American teen personality "I want my Cheetos fuck you mom" all that carry on.

i hate the "black and chinese, hands on your knees" bit in that song for this very reason.

luka

this is what i said about auto-tune on the tommy lee thread. it works best with whiney, nasal voices. thus the death of the rapper/dancehall artst as the masculine ideal.

Yeah I spotted that. Good point. Maybe I should have tried to revive that thread instead. Didn't droid say Spartas not doing anything mungo jerry didn't do first?

sadmanbarty

maybe explains why keef can appeal to non-mumble rap fans while displaying a lot of mumble rap qualities. he's not impish.

forclosure

It just occurred to me that I'm crediting that insight to third when actually I think it was webs eschatology who first made the comparison. Sorry.

god ive got a long rambling post in me about this but i dont even know if i should bother

forclosure

Ill do it later need to sort myself out first let me clean up and put my human face on and then ill try to get this out