It's great when you're straight

Leo

as I've gotten older, I'm rarely interested in getting drunk but do look forward to a glass of wine or beer at dinner, just to take the edge off the day. I know that's cheating but it's almost straight. no ill effects as far as I can tell.

luka

I think if you do a proper job you want a clear demarcation between work mind and lesuire mind. Intoxication is perfect for this.

Leo

I can't imagine working drunk, doesn't seem like it would be very enjoyable. have you ever done your outdoors poem writing while intoxicated?

luka

Drunk multiple times. On acid twice.

I've also worked in several coffee shops so stoned I could barely talk and so drunk I could barely stop talking. Also worked in coffee shops on cocaine. Worked on building sites and painting jobs multiple times drunk also stoned.

luka

Working drunk is fine what is difficult is working while the buzz wears off. That's really hard.

Leo

the worst you could do working drunk at a coffee shop is mess up someone's order, but stoned on a building site seems potentially dangerous. nail gun goes off on your hand, oof.

luka

And yet the trades are where you're most likely to have three pints for lunch. Funny isn't it.

luka

Has anyone here (or do anyone here know anyone) that has successfully kept a moderate coke habit for a longer period of time? I enjoy taking it at clubs or bars primarily because it gets me into situations, conversations and brief romantic relationships that I wouldn't have unlocked otherwise. However an upswing the amount I intake over a longer period will always make me recklessly susceptible of fierce mood swings while on it. This sort of event is usually followed by a downswing in the cycle until the next time someone or something provokes the appetite.

These mood swings, although constantly looming above me, need some sort of concrete trigger, and the fucked up thing is that this role is almost always played by the changing of the song that's playing. So there I am, coked up, talking to some hot girl in great detail about the new glass-jar ficus bonsai tree i just got, that has its own eco-system, totally oblivious to the fact that in about ten seconds the v-neck t-shirt wearing dj will fade in 50 Cent's 'Candy Shop' and the only thing I'll be going home with is a fucking kebab.

Always weird when I see people I think of as having just walked through the door have actually been posting for years

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I want to know how often a conversation about a glass-jar ficus bonsai tree leads to sex, even in the absence of musical sabotage by a V-necked DJ.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
one of my mates got so hooked to it, started coke when he was 15. went to several rehab clinics. got into a lot of debts, started to survive only by lying and deceiving everybody, even his closest friends and his family. i remember one day where he called me and said he'd pay me back all the money he owed me and that he had payed back all of his other friends and acquaintances as well. it was magical. two days later he got arrested because it turned out he had robbed a lidl supermarket.

luka

I've got a mate like that too. Haven't spoke in a year and a half. Habitual lying. About everything

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Had quite a lot to drink the other night and I noticed how confident it made me. Not that I did anything with this confidence, but I felt spectacularly confident, smug in my confidence.

It all wears off, leaves a vacuum into which the shame pours.

muser

Seems to be set in stone that if your are still doing drugs in your 30s in the UK you're basically going to be a ferocious weekend coke fiend. It's been strange watching the sudden transformation with friends when going back to the UK. Always get plied with it when I visit and never really enjoy just makes me anxious and ruins my drunkenness. I have zero respect for drugs your can't be drunk on.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That's funny cos I tend to think that's the only point of coke - to help you drink more.

The other thing it's best for is to relieve constipation. If I snort a line I'll instantly have to go to the loo.