catalog

These are some ones I did after seeing that marcio matos one where he's got the body and the cross together but I don't think they work so well. Was trying to do a thing with cranes. I was into cranes for a bit cos there were loads about, but now I'm looking down instead. Kept meaning to make a zine about the cranes, another potential quarantine project

IMG_20200403_120516.jpg

IMG_20200403_120430.jpg

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
@catalog, really nice stuff as usual.

have noticed in this thread that there's something really nice about looking at drawings on textured paper like that on a computer screen. feels more alive/real

catalog

I know what you mean, it perhaps shows up a lot more on a screen, I suppose cos of the brightness. I love using different grains of paper, it's good for variety and adds a lot to the finished thing, can take it somewhere else. There's a good paper company called khadi which is Indian handmade papers, all theirs are really nice. They do notebooks too but the notebooks are just a little bit big for the pocket, so I've only used them a couple of times.

catalog

Here's another comic, about deliveroo. I'm not happy with the finished drawings and text, cos they feel too graphic and like icons, theres not enough looseness. I made these as prep drawings for drypoint printing, which is why I simplified them, gave them more clarity, and cut a lot out of the story, but the prints never really worked the way I did them. Should probably go back to the drawing board, I had a whole essay about what deliveroo means.

Part 1:

IMG_20200403_123743.jpg

IMG_20200403_123818.jpg

IMG_20200403_123902.jpg

IMG_20200403_123933.jpg

IMG_20200403_124010.jpg

We should do a dissensus digital zine. We have enough writers, editors, music journalists, artists. Any designers, photographers?

catalog

It basically already is a digital zine, but I know what you mean. Wouldn't actually take much, the key thing is finding the best way to get something to scroll nicely, be readable on a phone, responsive and all that. I don't know how to do that, but it can't be that hard. . Would be an interesting exercise. Distil a few good posts into something. Good idea.

Yeah I think some nice html5 single page scrolling sectioned out well would do the trick. Biannual maybe. Slick and beautiful futuristic design, challenging tho. Themes explored through different disciplines: scenius and genius, working class surrealism, psychedelics, dematerialisation, cringe.

catalog

That reminds me I want to start a thread about class. What is working class etc. But yes, sounds like you know what you are on about with the design

sufi

lala
It basically already is a digital zine, but I know what you mean. Wouldn't actually take much, the key thing is finding the best way to get something to scroll nicely, be readable on a phone, responsive and all that. I don't know how to do that, but it can't be that hard. . Would be an interesting exercise. Distil a few good posts into something. Good idea.
That's all easy tbh
- static pages with neat HTML from https://html5up.net/ slick & futuristic enough?
- or a wordpress or similar which has a backend

i would be happy to sort those out for nowt

sufi

lala
i have to say i'm unimpressed by some of the gross stereotyping images on this thread :( don't really want to open another conflict, just to register my unhappiness about them

catalog

I think probably my studies for the erotic straw man society. Not very happy with those, it was sort of a distracting tactic that didn't work