Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Using the cold weather as an excuse to eat proper winter food: steak and ale pie, baked spuds, haggis, cabbage, mashed swede, roast beef, massive hot curries that give you bum-burn the next day...bless.

zhao

there are no accidents
myself for backing up my image library, which took 8 years to compile: was making space on my hard drive and accidentally deleted it -- had about 10 minutes of panic, before realizing that i had backed it up on another. :D

zhao

there are no accidents
Suddenly hanging up on cold-callers - never gets old.

even better is the reverse script -- you can make one for yourself if you cant find one on the nets -- its just all about timing and staying one step ahead and leading them, not allowing them time to think -- the same mind rape they attempt on you. i did it a few times and worked brilliantly, so easy as none are more asleep at the wheel than telemarketers... so fucking funny.

luka

i like to play music down the phone or just turn the volume up on the kung-fu film or something/.....
that works quite well, or i say that i don't mind answering a few questions but first, as a matter of politeness they should answer some of mine, would europe have been a better place if napoleon had succeeded etc
but it make me feel guilty cos it is the worst most soul-crushing entry level job going. i did it until lunchbreak when i was 16 and never went back....

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Vini Reilly
Radio Times
M&S food
London's green spaces
A nice deck of cards and a game
Cold Coca-Cola in a glass bottle
the UK's broadsheets
trainers (Pumas mostly) - I never owned proper shoes that were as comfy
Speedo swimming trunks (the ones that go some way down your calfs. You cannot swim in (surf) shorts, they fill with air and give you horrible drag - it's like running in clogs. And you cannot walk around in those mini-ones unless you are a Brazilian or Greek love god (acres of chest hair and beer belly optional)
The Scandinavian Kitchen (where we can get Scandie groceries in central London)
The puffy clouds outside my window right now and the snow earlier this morning

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Re: coke out of a glass bottle - yes! Why is always so much better than a can? Something about retaining the cold temperature better?

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
I think it's because the metal in the cans change the taste slightly, even more so for plastic (and in addition I think some of the taste and fizz diffuse through plastic over time). The giveaway clue is the lengt of time it lasts before sell-by-date. 12 months for cans and glass bottles, 6 months for plastic. So the fresher, the better (and that goes for canned beers as well I have been told).

So the old-school glass bottle is the best container for drinks.

Last edited:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
That would explain it then, ta. Def true about beers - I think they way that a lot of bars are able to sell cheap cans and bottles is by buying up ones that are near-ish to the expiry date. Have drunk some truly horrible bottles of Stella in student unions in the past (not that they ever get that good however new they are, admittedly :rolleyes:).