DannyL

Wild Horses
There is a potentially interesting thread here, slowly getting buried under references to shit and bad puns.

luka

yeah it could be a good thread its true. i can't beleive in magic to be honest.
it seems to me like a metaphor which takes you one step further away from what is really happening. why paste a god/demon onto it? i mean, that just doesn't happen for me. i could have the experience but there wouldn't be that narrative. i would just receive the informaiton. it would come out my mouth and i wouln't posit a god/demon/alien as the cause.
it wouldn't occur to me. maybe a magically deficient. and i admit i couldn't bring myself to wave swords and wands about or paint pentagrams on the floor. i can access my subconscious just by writing or talking. i taught myself to do it as a teenager.
i mean, i don't have an imagination, and im not visual, ive never really had any pictures in my head whatsoever. ive taken various hallucinegnes and i've never hallucinated. a few slight distoritions, light trails, but thats it. nothing. just a sense of lucidity, and an increased verbal facility and lots of nice bodily feelings. euphoria etc. everything to me is sensation. it doesn't get more elborate than that. information comes as sensation and i can translate it into language, so although i recognise the experiences, i don't use the same mataphors. similarly synchronicity, precognition, telepathy etc happen al the time, every day, albeit usualyl in fairly mundane ways and i dunno, its just how the world works. i dont need to cast runes for it to happen and i dont get suspirsed or excited when it does happen. it always did and it always will. all the magic people ive read with the exception of crowley who is at least amusing, dont seem to be that bright. the chaos magic people i looked at a bit, and they're a bit dim. the books are horrible.
all these things wil happen with or without the magical ritual. this is the crux of it. if you dream something well it will come true.

Last edited:

Dial

For those interested in the spirit practice edge of magick - that does include the 'get me the shit I want aspect' - Alan Chapman and Duncan Barford are excellent. They do a great combination of Chaos magick, esoteric Crowley and Mahasi Sayadaw (neo-Burmese) style buddhism.

You'll find them here:

http://www.thebaptistshead.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

A nice interview with Alan here. Podcast, and transcript.

http://personallifemedia.com/podcasts/236-buddhist-geeks/episodes/46038-great-work-western

It looks like the magick lads and the Buddhists are starting to seriously hang out.

luka

This is B.S. Your 'one-off' is a hilarious glimpse into your masturbatory existence. You have not even crossed your fingers in the hopes of success yet. Anyone who has will see this...renunciation & silence is your best bet. Although not of the Grade 8 = 3 now, my Motto was M.Th. = MELANOThEOS ThANATOS = 1111, & my Word was ThANATOS. It still is the Truest Word anyone can offer to those below--DEATH. For they resist Change, which is Death. I just wish to counter the confusion you emit here, nothing more. I will not be checking back. Btw, I found Benjamin Rowe's little account genuinely fascinating.
Posted by MCXI, on 07/11/2008 at 04:39

I considered deleting this bile but I think it's a good example of a dabbler losing his marbles (which, incidentally, appears to have occured after our last encounter. Some people never learn, do they?).

Pay attention dick head: I do not suffer fools gladly nor do I turn the other cheek. Come on my site again and you'll be on the wrong end of some real magick.
Posted by Alan, on 07/11/2008 at 08:39

:
Pay attention dick head: I do not suffer fools gladly nor do I turn the other cheek. Come on my site again and you'll be on the wrong end of some real magick.

93! Alan,

This proves that you are not master of thy self and that you didn't cross abyss.Remember brother Intolerance is evidence of IMPOTENCE

Greets from Adriatic Sea!

93.93/93
Helel
Posted by Helel, on 09/09/2008 at 09:48

DannyL

Wild Horses
That clash of the egos above is a bit vomit inducing. BBS Moderation through cursing! I've never read anything by that dude that spoke to me. Met him in the pub a couple of times though. It's that sort of exchange that totally turned me off the whole "scene".

Sloane: I started practising bit and pieces when I was about 18, I think, after corresponding with someone I met through TOPY. Tbh, I think I went down a lot of dead ends, and wasted a lot of energy trying to make myself believe stuff - kind of think that's par for the course though (the whole "rigid discipline" thing that one can pick up off of Crowley is a good example of that, can be really horrible and toxic at it's worst). But then - you tap into something that's really amazing. For me, that's consistently been dreams, meditation and the I Ching. I've also got a big interest in Indian culture and Tantra specifically and part of the "magical process" for me is learning about these traditions and putting the pieces together. One of the things that tantra did for me, was get me interested in my body and my senses - encouraged me to get fit, take up martial arts etc. Martial arts is the classic nerd's route to some sort of physical competence, but it's still great.

I know what you mean, Luka, about the literal existence of Gods, Demons etc. but I think there's other ways of approaching that particular conumdrum. Not seeing them as kind of Marvel superheros hanging out in another dimension, but more as a way of seeing and processing the events of your life and your own thoughts and feelings. I feel the same about Christianity - the literal existence of a Biblical type God is obviously absurd, but i don't think this is what is going on in people's heads who're Christians. I'm interested in how and why they believe whatever-it-is, and what it does for them. Not that concerned with the literal truth of it. Seems like a bit of a blind alley to me.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Really liked your post Luka, btw. Be interested to hear if most people believe in synchroncity and general strangeness etc or do you take a more hard edged view of the world and think this is all projecting patterns into chaos? I'm more interested in hearing what other people think than wibbling on myself tbh.

Normal people who haven't got a massive hard on about being MAGICIANS are more interesting anyway. They really are some tiresome fucking people.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Oh, this is my mate Steve's blog. Interesting combination of voodoo and record obsession.

http://cleanlivingindifficultcircumstances.blogspot.com/

Good blog, is that Steve Grasso?

I used to hang around alot of the 'occult' circles and stuff but just got bored. I remember when I was a young teenager talking to my mum about the Tarot and she said 'oh sweetie, you can go down that route if you want but it's an awful waste of time' and into my thirties - and also, alongside the time when I really started making music and videos, practising my own work, so to speak - I found that the space that used to be occupied by, um, sideways thinking maybe, got filled up with thinking about 'art' instead.

I don't think it's projecting patterns into chaos, it really happens but seeing into it is a product of borderline schizophrenia I think. Not to say that I don't think that most people are borderline anyway, but I think it's more a product of brain function than being told anything by the great cosmos. Although it's fun to listen to what the great cosmos has to say, it's kinda like watching telly most of the time.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yeah, that's Steve.

I still find the I Ching. Has a way of encapsulating situations and pointing the way forward that works for me.

More later.

mms

sometimes
Good blog, is that Steve Grasso?

I used to hang around alot of the 'occult' circles and stuff but just got bored. I remember when I was a young teenager talking to my mum about the Tarot and she said 'oh sweetie, you can go down that route if you want but it's an awful waste of time' and into my thirties - and also, alongside the time when I really started making music and videos, practising my own work, so to speak - I found that the space that used to be occupied by, um, sideways thinking maybe, got filled up with thinking about 'art' instead.

I don't think it's projecting patterns into chaos, it really happens but seeing into it is a product of borderline schizophrenia I think. Not to say that I don't think that most people are borderline anyway, but I think it's more a product of brain function than being told anything by the great cosmos. Although it's fun to listen to what the great cosmos has to say, it's kinda like watching telly most of the time.

aren't all these things about art in a sense anyway, occupying autonomous territories, the people who give a shit about this stuf aren't the twats who hardman it up on a cosmic level but the scholars artist creators and fearless individuals.

Re: schizophrenia, i don't think the purpose of magic is ultra dark cleansing, violence and self harm, and often that seems to be the route that confuses schizophrenia and magic, where voices are unwanted, harmful dangerous, ie all the things that make up someone caught in some fucking horrible psychosis, and calling that channeling or magick or whatever, i though the key thing was for the person channeling to be in charge.

I'm genuinley interested in the cultural proliferation of magick and magickal ideas and experiences etc but so many magick people are massive stereotypes, the all like 3 bands, dress in black are moody, brutally closed minded etc...give i a break

would recommend this actually
http://dreamflesh.com/
it's a good read.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Re: schizophrenia, i don't think the purpose of magic is ultra dark cleansing, violence and self harm, and often that seems to be the route that confuses schizophrenia and magic, where voices are unwanted, harmful dangerous, ie all the things that make up someone caught in some fucking horrible psychosis, and calling that channeling or magick or whatever, i though the key thing was for the person channeling to be in charge.

Yeah I meant less schizophrenia as pathology and more as neurological symptom - high levels of dopamine are found in people exhibiting symptoms of schizophrenia, produced in the mesolimbic part of the brain, which also has to do with feelings of reward and motivation; I think alot of ritual and magical practise is about stimulating that place (this will happen, etc), thus the area of the brain stimulated is that area in both schizophrenia and magic, regardless of who's in control. Similarly with epileptic seizures and visions.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that - Deleuze, schizophrenia being a normative state in this system etc - I just think that that's what's going on, and it's not much deeper than that.

mms

sometimes
Yeah I meant less schizophrenia as pathology and more as neurological symptom - high levels of dopamine are found in people exhibiting symptoms of schizophrenia, produced in the mesolimbic part of the brain, which also has to do with feelings of reward and motivation; I think alot of ritual and magical practise is about stimulating that place (this will happen, etc), thus the area of the brain stimulated is that area in both schizophrenia and magic, regardless of who's in control. Similarly with epileptic seizures and visions.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that - Deleuze, schizophrenia being a normative state in this system etc - I just think that that's what's going on, and it's not much deeper than that.

ok, yes thats interesting on the level of ritual.

low band

The latest Fulgur release, Legion 49 by Barry William Hale opens with a quote by Deleuze, a first in a book about beelzebub I would of thought.

And adding to the links, Joel Biroco's site is always worth a visit, although sadly his blog appears to have ceased.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i don't know anything about magic but anything that inverts science seems healthy to me. i like this idea of reducing sigils, it's the same as music producing. i must read up on this.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

This is an interesting connection to make...