GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

petergunn

plywood violin
I recommend at least a couple listens. At the very least, from an objective report on the grime scene, it seems to be all anyone really talks about, bar P Money's release. It was received with virtually unanimous praise, and this doesn't happen very often. I mean, we're talking about Big H here! Meridian! (fingers crossed for Prez T comeback)

He is basically the anti-Chipmunk right now. He was on one of those youtube channels like Grime Daily the other day, without saying any particular names, lamenting grime MC's and their desire for commercial praise. On point, imo.

i gotta relisten, but on first listen i thought the Big H was ok, but not amazing... i think the P.Money mixtape is better... yes, more annoying pop tracks on it, but the bangers bang harder...

i am running w/o an ipod or discman lately, so i haven't had the time to give either the attention they deserve...

trim sounded pretty solid on rinse, made me excited for his new shit...

Nah I'm not serious it's fucking sick in places. I do think that some of it really is weak though.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Nah I'm not serious it's fucking sick in places. I do think that some of it really is weak though.

lol yeah man, I was about to say...

The only shit I don't really feel on that CD is his Dipset-begging type shit like "Coca Cola", and the ridiculous way he says "man" like a yank on the intro track. If he left that shit out and added two more sick grime tunes, it would've just been that much better. I blame Pablo for that shit though.

90% sick which is much higher than your average grime CD.

I don't know about 90%, some of this CD is terrible. I'm all for one line flows but H grates on me over the space of the full album. P Moneys thing is a lot better.

When its good it's very good though.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I ordered that CD off UKrecordshop at the start of last month. It got lost in the fucking post and they've still not sent out a replacement one. GRRR

Simon78

i ordered it and they didn't bother putting it in the package with the other CDs.

Thanks lads.

They are alright if you ring them up. They took ages sending one my orders out because of the pressing problems with the Elmz cd. I called them and they sent me the new Little Dee cd instead of the Elmz one and put a free Roadside cd in as well. Then I got the Elmz cd for free when it got pressed again. :D

The only problem I get from them is that the cd cases are usually smashed up.

gumdrops

FAIL! "magic's mix cd starts brilliantly then [brings in the best grime track of 08] wheres my brother.""

lol i cant remember if it was around in 08 or not. but it only came out officially this year. either way, in a year where there was bell dem slags, bullet a go fly, next hype, bad mind yout, the message is love, oh my gosh, what did he say, etc etc etc, i cant agree. :slanted:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
They are alright if you ring them up. They took ages sending one my orders out because of the pressing problems with the Elmz cd. I called them and they sent me the new Little Dee cd instead of the Elmz one and put a free Roadside cd in as well. Then I got the Elmz cd for free when it got pressed again. :D

Just gave them a ring and they said they'd send one out with a complimentary CD! Cheers for the advice!

viktorvaughn

Sweet, will have a go.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
lol i cant remember if it was around in 08 or not. but it only came out officially this year. either way, in a year where there was bell dem slags, bullet a go fly, next hype, bad mind yout, the message is love, oh my gosh, what did he say, etc etc etc, i cant agree. :slanted:

If we're going by release dates most of those would be considered '09 wouldn't they? What was big in '08? Message is Love, What Did He Say definitely; Skengman Mode, Mountain, Skankin Ting, Get Down, uhh, Hunting We Will Go, ummm what else (haha actually Giggs' "Ummm" was big as well in 08 wasn't it)... It's Alot (both Griminal and Jammer's), Who Am I remix, From Day, 1 Spliff A Day... that's all I got.