The Harlequin

sadmanbarty

the meeting of my worlds; androgynous, soulless k pop and post-future swag infantile rap. the thing to notice is…

lol, barty quoting the mask just to get my attention. role play is traditionally a feminine pursuit, often an outlet for gay and trans culture. this is stark contrast to the way i was drawn to rap as a surrogate masculinity, so this topic is interesting to me in the following ways…

the 2010’s in some ways picked up where the 90’s left off. the 2000’s was a fearful mass-cultural withdrawal from the accelerationism of the previous decade which resulted stasis and retromania. the 2010’s is about us internalising the humanising what the machines offered us in the 90’s. those alkaline/tommy lee bratty autotune vocals are like hardcore’s chipmunk vocals reintegrated into the human body. migos’ fragmented flows are like todd edwards. as barty says techno anonymity has evolved into a fluid, arbitrary identity…

trump is a form of this. incredibly camp and flamboyant in his mannerisms and accent. obsessed with his own image. always wearing fake tan. he even looks like a podgy goblin. and, as with all these artists you’re posting, his personality and ‘values’ are entirely malleable and fluctuating. swinging from being hawkish to dovish. from man of the people to golden chaired billionaire. strong man and a baby crying about not being treated fairly.

this phenomenon you’re speaking of is the anthropomorphisation of liberalism. post-gender, post-race (very literally with the skin bleaching), post-sexuality. and tellingly unable to maintain an identity. now imagine that in the context of a nation state; what becomes of a country in the absence of a cohesive identity?

gods gift’s ‘mc tribute’ and hendrix' ‘1983 a merman i’ll be” both preempt this. also think about how effeminate migos are in ‘motorsport’ and how dominant cardi b is with her big delicious knockers and nicki with her big bulbous bum are. i’ll often watch that video alone late at night and just feel depleted watching those two girls. like i’ve spent everything. like something’s been exorcised. it manifests itself physically. heavy breathing. red face and all that. all because of their sheer force of personality.

good start everyone. love it.

luka

good start everyone. love it.

Vinothys got a point. Can't build a strong ethno state on the back of this stuff. This is incidentally why it lends itself to vigilant citizen style NWO paranoia. What does it want? The jinn, changing us from the inside out.

CrowleyHead

Where's Tommy Lee. Tommy Lee is the understanding of Kartel as Harlequin in a purified form (unlike his appointed heir in Popcaan who is great but fundamentally boring)

sadmanbarty

otherlife needs more coaxing out of their shell. lots of likes banded around all the time, where other posters ignore me and luke. otherlife is one of the ayatollahs. they just don't know it yet.

otherlife is transgendered and exist solely on the internet. they are above any of us here is qualified to talk in this subject. give us something oth. even if it's just a fleeting inkling. we'll make a mountain out of a molehill for you.

other_life

bioconfused
otherlife needs more coaxing out of their shell. lots of likes banded around all the time, where other posters ignore me and luke. otherlife is one of the ayatollahs. they just don't know it yet.

otherlife is transgendered and exist solely on the internet. they are above any of us here is qualified to talk in this subject. give us something oth. even if it's just a fleeting inkling. we'll make a mountain out of a molehill for you.

dude im getting quotes from the thread together gimme a sec

other_life

bioconfused
you people move so god damn fast
also i invited carol to the board she's also Trans And Logged On. she's definitely an ayatollah and younger than me, too

luka

you people move so god damn fast
also i invited carol to the board she's also Trans And Logged On. she's definitely an ayatollah and younger than me, too

Barty once made an account for an imaginary older lesbian lady called Carol that he was going to use to cause mischief but he thought better of it in the end but he had spent weeks developing this impossibly elaborate backstory but that point. He could tell you anything about her, hair colour, describe her favourite cardigan, the names of her various cats, what she studied at university....

sadmanbarty

Barty once made an account for an imaginary older lesbian lady called Carol that he was going to use to cause mischief but he thought better of it in the end but he had spent weeks developing this impossibly elaborate backstory but that point. He could tell you anything about her, hair colour, describe her favourite cardigan, the names of her various cats, what she studied at university....

when corpse said he felt free using an alter ego i gave it to him, but he just laughed at me.

other_life

bioconfused
they offer us their magical linguistic technologies because they want to replace human language with Jinnish language
eliding tongues are the devil's playthings.
overloud/overload
...trolls (fantastical, folkloric terminology that fits within my lexicon of ‘impish’ and ‘jinn')
holy fuck i never made this connection. brijant
white-boy gothic aesthetic sensibilities.
i wonder if young thug got bothered by White Internet Fags claiming him for ourselves bc i feel like he's *subtly* pivoted into masculinity in the past 2 or so years, nothing he's done since the stuff from the barter 6 sessions and JEFFERY has been nearly as BAROQUE, he kind of just seems to want to make functional psych-trap now (which is totally fine), HIGH is a notable exception, like holy *fuck* this is the apotheosis.
there's also the difference between The Harlequin and earlier cloud rap + its predecessors which is psychedelic but not really androgyne, even makes a point of being masculine and that not contradicting the psychedelic or Stupid Drip aspect.
in main attrakionz or lil b for example the androgyne alchemy is almost all in the instrumental production. the voices aren't slurred by autotune, they don't do the eliding tongues or throw your voice thing. but they're cool with all that and totally opened the floodgates for it/made it possible
cam'ron in all pink.
i feel like sgp for example probably gets sick of his White Avant-Fag fans, see the livestream he did (although this could be Jokes)
i don't know where the full one went it was way longer than this?
musically he's one of the most psychedelic + alchemical producers out and also helped 'open the floodgates' but white rym fags like myself have to have our engagement w rap filtered through these bullshit modifiers, "psychedelic" "experimental" "cloud rap" u name it. can't have rap be rap. he probably gets sick of that bullshit.
notice he also talks a game about killing the police and black nationalism but immediately invokes the liberal conception of the u.s., "freedom"
the vigilant citizen thing. i'm also more appreciative thanks to thirdform of masculinity and probably by extension outward religious orthodoxy (i'm not putting words in your mouth am i third) as a survival mechanism for oppressed-national men or men living under some kind of military dictatorship or harsh theocracy. so from that perspective they probably feel legitimately threatened [referring to very real backlash i've seen against the Harlequin not just from purrp. there's also the "they won't sign/pay us unless we're feminine because they want us to go extinct! [by not reproducing]" conspiracy theory aspect. 30-20 years ago it was "they won't sign/pay us unless we're gangsta because they want us to go extinct! [by shooting each other]"]. djinn possession.
for example tommy lee starts his verse 18 seconds in as a gruff, guttural bloke, but within the space of a few seconds he's crossfaded into this brattish cyborg. he briefly dips back again at 29 seconds and by 39 seconds he’s become a muezzin from the 30th century, which quickly fades as he becomes a normal bloke and so on. like someone’s constantly changing the chanel on his personality.
he sounds like a god damn gremlin
what's a goon to a goblin?
i'm a level five goblin; further: have you ever seen a street geek barbarian?

Last edited:

other_life

bioconfused
my points of reference are also limited for this. i tuned out around this
because i started feeling like impersonating young thug was the easiest thing in the world to do for new rappers. like "i have those records and already love them. i don't need you."
tommy lee sparta feels Important though but i apparently missed uk drill

treelethargy

many doors yes?
wonder how this intertwines with the ruff alien militant nature of a lot of soundclashes and mcs that came out of them ...
not entirely possessed but very aggressive and uranian. subwoofer blowing riddles. think what muslimgauze was inspired by
same ruff noise out of grime. less peaceful than jinn