Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... or Liquid Swords?

• Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Liquid Swords

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

sadmanbarty

Barty, burned by many a bollocking

90% of the time you're the one getting bollocked and i valiantly jump in the way, ending up with loads of horrible sweaty bollocks all over me. ball sauce all dripping in my mouth and going in my eye so it stings when you were the one who got everyone's balls out in the first place.

luka

Then when it happens to you I don't even help I just piss myself laughing. Terrible really

droid

(when it was actually too dangerous in JA to make outright political music)

Yeah, thats totally untrue. There was a shitload of political music in JA in the 80s, and into the 90s.

in jamaica spending too much time in the states is a big no no. mavado's reputation has been forever tarred by getting signed by dj khaled and doing all those features for him and all that. he's never been forgiven.

Also completely false. There was a massive dancehall scene in New York in the 80s/90s, with a long tradition of labels, events, and resident JA artists.

luka

Yeah, thats totally untrue. There was a shitload of political music in JA in the 80s, and into the 90s.

Also completely false. There was a massive dancehall scene in New York in the 80s/90s, with a long tradition of labels, events, and resident JA artists.

I think there is a difference between working with the Jamacian diaspora in the US and what Barty is talking about though

droid

Tons of them signed to US labels, Capleton spent years working in the US and hes still going strong, and the prime example - Shabba. There's no taint to working in the states, the problem is staying out of JA for too long. Shaggy was huge in JA.

sadmanbarty

burntmanbollocky

there's a girl who's obsessed with my bollocks. she loves the colour and size. she also loves the way they disappear as i get aroused (she didn't know this happens to men, she's generally very naive about male genetalia, didn't know that penis heads look different from underneath).

sadmanbarty

thats as bad as palestinian grave dancing surely.

if people don't tell you off for that then they're very fickle bollockers indeed.

luka

They're going to love that one. It'll go down in dissensus lore. Become a kind of in-forum meme.