craner

Beast of Burden
Barty, you can't just pontificate. You have to commit to reading the KJV with the rest of us in order to earn your right to pontificate.

sadmanbarty

flood now. this is a big one in comparative mytholody. everyone has a flood. hindus. greeks (sorry corpse). the lot. there's some theory that there was a flood in the black sea that inspired all this.

i remember being a kid and thinking it was so cool that the flood in halo were called the flood.

craner

Beast of Burden
flood now. this is a big one in comparative mytholody. everyone has a flood. hindus. greeks (sorry corpse). the lot. there's some theory that there was a flood in the black sea that inspired all this.

i remember being a kid and thinking it was so cool that the flood in halo were called the flood.

Talked about the Greek flood already, come on, stop dawdling. We need to get to Joseph and his Technicolor Dreamcoat by the end of the week.

sadmanbarty

You can't divorce it from that context can you. It's very difficult to separate what is powerful because we have had 2000+ years of making it wicked, and what is inherently powerful. It's all tangled together. That's part of what makes reading it interesting. Even for people like us who didn't grow up with it, aetheist families in a wider secular culture.

the opposite works as well. i'm on the olive branch now and it'd probably be a bit shit, but arafat made it cool

sadmanbarty

it's all one classic after the next. it's a greatest hits album. adam and eve, cain and abel, noahs flood, now babel. didn't know it was this compact. all killer no filler.

luka

it's all one classic after the next. it's a greatest hits album. adam and eve, cain and abel, noahs flood, now babel. didn't know it was this compact. all killer no filler.

Mad innit although I reckon it's going to be all downhill after Genesis.

luka

do the kind of people who say that adam and eve are cell division and that the flood was some real flood in the black sea also say that eden is actually the fertile crescent?

Oh, yeah, they do. Course. Everything has to be literal to some people.