caribou/daphne: the real enemy

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
indie dance. EDM is at least descended from electro house which was shit but has some fucked up sawtooth basslines which could be interesting to deconstruct.

DannyL

Wild Horses
haha I know this dude. My gf is good mates with his partner. So I can't say nuttin. I dont' really know his music that well tbh.

He did hip me to one of my fave ever 45s in his defence.

Though bloodclaart London nursery costs compelled me to sell it recently but I got a fair whack for it so fair's fair.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
danny why on earth do you have so many mates who are chelsea fans? please tell me Ben Sims supports a sensible team because he's my favourite tribal/hardgroove techno dj.

I think Sims is Spurs actually, peak centrist remainer jo swinson team. no guts, no catastrophic failures, just occasional moments of glory and average mediocrity otherwise.

DannyL

Wild Horses
He's always hated football AFAIK. You don't get that deep into electronic sonic warfare by watching some wallies chase a pigskin about.

(Chelsea? Who else is there?)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Arsenal. the unification of the sonic warfare dialectic. what's more we're always on the edge of catastrophic collapse.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
THE MIDDLEBROW: Plenty of great stuff on here of course, but lacks the unifying personality or vision of e.g. the lists people have been doing on here.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
THE MIDDLEBROW: Plenty of great stuff on here of course, but lacks the unifying personality or vision of e.g. the lists people have been doing on here.

Eclecticity has lost any value now in the age of infinite info. Your Myspace profile's music favourites box was the first crack in the wall. Uniform eclecticism. No one gives a fuck. But everyone wants to feel in the know. Some parts of the Internet are just people swinging their knowledge at each other. At least the lists on here have character.

luka

Yeah who cares about good music it's got no value it doesn't represent anything. Here's a pile of good music. A massive undifferentiated slush pile of good music. Who cares. What's the social event it's linked to, what's the energy behind it. What's the historical import of it

DannyL

Wild Horses
Arsenal. the unification of the sonic warfare dialectic. what's more we're always on the edge of catastrophic collapse.

No I meant who else of my mates is a Chelsea fan. I'm not aware of anyone who supports that bunch of scumbags else I would've cast them into the outer darkness.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
No I meant who else of my mates is a Chelsea fan. I'm not aware of anyone who supports that bunch of scumbags else I would've cast them into the outer darkness.

hahaha. well i was just joking but when you spoke approvingly of the jbo types a few months ago, terry farley is a huge chelsea fan. I thought Caribou might be a chelsea fan as well. archetypical middlebrow team.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
No contest, EDM. Most horrible music ever, alongside IDM.

yeah this is why i can never be a conservative. aching mediocrity is worse than utter travesty. that's why indie dance is worse. it's just so fucking pedestrian, so fucking average and acceptable, so quintessentially nice shopping centre music, brent cross etc. EDM is bad, but so bad it forces you to take sides and deconstruct it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What the fuck is this third form you lunatic who cares

who knows. some guy on muslimtwitter last night said he'd bitch slap my mum. now we were very considerate to barty's mum so not sure why his mates at prevent and Quilliam foundation are implanting al-qaeda extremists in our rank. baghdadi also dead so hopefully the Iraqis can finish off Tommy whilst they're at it, and, um, for posterities sake, that snivelling shitsack of swine Mehdi Hasan.

DannyL

Wild Horses
hahaha. well i was just joking but when you spoke approvingly of the jbo types a few months ago, terry farley is a huge chelsea fan. I thought Caribou might be a chelsea fan as well. archetypical middlebrow team.

Bit like Ben, he's too into his music to care about much else. He's Canadian as well so the nicities of London football are lost on him.