Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcoholic hot drinks

Toddies are the way to go. You can make them with rum as well as whiskey (though I'm not sure if you have to change any of the rest of the recipie to do this).

A belgian friend of mine made a drink by adding cognac to strong black tea with honey and a slice of lemon. Quite yummy and I would guess good for a cold but you have to get the mixture right or it tastes wrong (so I discovered when I tried to make it)

Quote Originally Posted by CHAOTROPIC View Post
    I've always found sake to give a really really nice clean clear-headed tipsiness.
    yes so true, it feels clean and polite - like a japanese style of drunk

Sake is strange in that it gets you very drunk very quickly, then you sober up in 20 minutes. Intrigued by the special brew with cherry liquer, but I've always been of the opinion that it and the humble tennents purple tin should be as seedy as possible. Ie. don't put it in a glass, dont refridgerate.

I just thought that mead (honey drink) should make a nice toddy, it's such a shame that it costs so much and is hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    also a fan of whiskey in the coffee in the morning.
    irish coffee sends me completely mental - i like it but the combination of caffeine and alcohol all in one makes my body confused.

setting jaegermeister on fire and drinking it (obv after the flames have dispersed....)

Quote Originally Posted by owengriffiths View Post
    Intrigued by the special brew with cherry liquer, but I've always been of the opinion that it and the humble tennents purple tin should be as seedy as possible. Ie. don't put it in a glass, dont refridgerate.
    You'll be pleased to know the first one was made by pouring the liquer into the can.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbeyondreason View Post
    You'll be pleased to know the first one was made by pouring the liquer into the can.
    I admire your salt of the earth sensibilities. Speaking of special brew, I've decided that tesco's 7.9% beer is much nicer. Surprisingly close to real beer. But I suppose this goes against my seediness theory.

Quote Originally Posted by owengriffiths View Post
    Surprisingly close to real beer.
    They should definitely use that as their advertising slogan.

I remember being told about this beer in the States (maybe someone can help me out with the brand...hope it isn't apocryphal) that was sold with the slogan "The beer for when you're drinking more than one".

It struck me the other day that if you were an adolescent delinquent in a festive mood, you might try mulling Buckfast. Of course someone's got there before me: I give you mulled Bucky, or 'muckfast':

http://www.strungoutwire.com/photos/newyear0607/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

Glühwein is warm. I don't know what mulling is.

Same thing, basically. 'Mulling' refers to the addition of fruit, spices, sugar and spirits. You can mull ale and cider too (also known as 'wassail').
    i hate sigs

omnomnomnom

Strictly chilled buckfast this xmas. Wouldn't go tampering with it

i drank way too much whiskey this past week, not warm though often with ginger wine. my body hurts in most places

Mulled cider with Grand Marnier. Get THE FUCK in.
    i hate sigs