iphone apps

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Charlie Brooker said:
But once I had a Jabscreen of my own, I soon discovered the novelty lasts six months, tops. There's a limit to how many conversations you can have about it before you reach burnout. Have you seen the app which takes your photo and makes it look like you're really fat? Yes. And the game where you land all the planes on the runway? Yes, that too. Hey, how about this thing with the funny red monster that repeats everything you say? Please leave me. Please just leave me here to die.
:)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
^ I only got my iphone as a way to make cool friends and start conversations with strangers.

This hasn't happened.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG GOD*?

*can't help myself, it's hard wired, you see.

jenks

thread death
So...is there any value in using this cydia thing to jailbreak an iphone

I suppose what I am asking is whether it's worth jailbreaking the phone?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
So...is there any value in using this cydia thing to jailbreak an iphone

I suppose what I am asking is whether it's worth jailbreaking the phone?

I used to go jbroken, but don't bother now, as the things that were glaring omissions from the original apple OS were included (wallpaper etc) with recent updates.

App store now has so much stuff, I don't really miss anything, although I still have pangs for intelliscreen and mxtube. The increased stability makes up for it though.

If you want to use it for tethering/mobile hotspot though, jailbreaking is the way to go

If you do a back up of your phone, jailbreak it and if you don't like it, it's easy to restore it.

Last edited:

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
I think there is one good reason to jailbreak: SBSettings: reach all the important on/off toggles with just a swipe over the top (instead of going through all the settings).

Rotation lock (not shown on this pic) and wifi on/off are the ones I use all the time
sbsettings1.jpg

Also using Typophone4 to get a proper clock on the front screen when locked
39d053beaac7c0822f9fda9537382ace.png

ether

echophon is deffo the best twitter client. alot less buggy than the others. a nice clean UI and doesn't seem to crash. thumbs up.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
4.1 update now includes Games Center- Apple's attempt at PSN/Xbox live game data sharing/multiplayer invite shit.

Not many games using it yet...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
If you like a bit of mobile gaming, d/l 1000 heroz (costs 59p, but worth it).

Basically, you get a course to run and jump across in the best time.

You get a new course every 24 hours.

There will be 1000 courses.

You can see how well you do a) against everyone else who plays and b) against any custom league you join (guess the custom league I have created).

In theory 2 1/2 years of fun!

Can I just have on record I am 235 best in the world

Last edited: