grave goods

slowtrain

Pigeon feather cloak.
Spear made from a broom handle with a letter opener lashed to the top with electrical cabling.
Loincloth of Rat.
(Prized?) Collection of computer mice.
Circular Saw blades.
Chieftans welding goggles.
Small collection of AA batteries in rat skin purse.

Ideally buried in a 11th century Viking grave somewhere.

Haha, wonderful, this made my day!

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Haha, wonderful, this made my day!

The thought of some future-caveman carrying round a bunch of mice by their cables is way too good.
I'd love to fuck up up someone's view of the world if/when they dug me up in 30,000 years too.
Even if they carbon dated me and figured I was a later addition, the collection of items should be enough to throw historians off.

slowtrain

The thought of some future-caveman carrying round a bunch of mice by their cables is way too good.
I'd love to fuck up up someone's view of the world if/when they dug me up in 30,000 years too.
Even if they carbon dated me and figured I was a later addition, the collection of items should be enough to throw historians off.

Totally, I love the idea of completely messing up future histories, brilliant ideas

slowtrain

I reckon bits of "armour" made from PCBs of various shapes could be a go.
Plastic bag shoes too.

Yeah yeah, like how to adapt modern technology for a total caveman society, be great to run a fake website - how to use yr modern technology post-2012 when it all stops working and you have to fight rival tribes.....

ipod talismans and the like, glue bits of shiny plastic junk to the back of yr new e-reader kinda cool

i like the idea!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Totally, I love the idea of completely messing up future histories, brilliant ideas

Yeah, I thought this while watching a Time Team Special on Stonehenge the other night: wouldn't it be great to dig down to the soil level of the early bronze age and carefully deposit an iPhone (can't C14-date plastic!), to make it look like it had always been there? Then imagining the impression it might make on an archaeologist from the far future when our own time is just a distant race memory... :D

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
You could do better than that...

devinespark.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Fantastic! Is there some kind of Creative Anachronism Society I can join? If not, I'm half-tempted to found one...

Edit: http://www.sca.org/ hmm, looks a bit serious, I was after something a bit sillier and more anarchic than that.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Time for me to repost this?

Teonanacate.jpg

I love the way the hideous demon is creeping up behind the guy, tapping him on the shoulder in this slighlty camp 'yoo-hoo!' way...perfectly sums up the creeping existential horror of a bad trip, I think.

Also love the Windows 95 logo in that Aztec glyph chart!

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Ooooh, there's a word (well... term) for this?

Sign me up. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they found a whole bunch of needles round Aborigine paintings of the dream time?

sufi

lala
Ooooh, there's a word (well... term) for this?

Sign me up. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they found a whole bunch of needles round Aborigine paintings of the dream time?

... the lost episodes of doctor who stashed in a prehistoric cludgy under bush house ...