Falsehoods!

luka

funnily enough it didn't occur to me to think of al the good lies ive told in the past, in fact i tell at least one outrageous but quite convinceing lie daily. usually much more than one. im not going to recount them all now cos im overcome by modesty all of a sudden and dont want to blow my own trumpet but i did manage to convince the whole of dissensus that craner was in the employ of a sinister neo-con thinktank that paid him by blogpost/message board rant. that was a proud moment.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
funnily enough it didn't occur to me to think of al the good lies ive told in the past, in fact i tell at least one outrageous but quite convinceing lie daily. usually much more than one. im not going to recount them all now cos im overcome by modesty all of a sudden and dont want to blow my own trumpet but i did manage to convince the whole of dissensus that craner was in the employ of a sinister neo-con thinktank that paid him by blogpost/message board rant. that was a proud moment.

link please!

john eden

male pale and stale
Funny how everyone knows a Billy Bullshit...

Mine was a guy who reckoned variously that;

His Dad had been a professional footballer for Swansea United

He'd won some albums on Noel Edmunds Swapshop and they asked him the sort of stuff he was into and then sent him a bunch of Crass records. But we couldn't see them because his Mum had confiscated them.

He'd been to see Led Zeppelin at Knebworth, and lots of other gigs.

When he was older (like, 12!) he reckoned he'd been experimenting with various drugs including LSD.

And of course he lost his virginity shortly after, as you do.

I think he actually believed a lot of this stuff himself, which made him quite convincing - he even told some of the more acceptable bullshit (like his Dad being a pro footballer) to my parents, who never believed him but just kept the whole thing going because they thought it was hilarious.

john eden

male pale and stale
My sister also convinced half her class at primary school that she was american one day.

Which I managed to undermine by bursting out laughing when one of them asked me about it in the playground.

bobbin

What
Funny how everyone knows a Billy Bullshit...

Mine was a guy who reckoned variously that;

His Dad had been a professional footballer for Swansea United

along these lines, i went to school with someone who swore blind that his dad was a former world heavyweight boxing champion and that his granddad was an african tribal chief. (he looked totally white, incidentally.) every time someone doubted these facts or took the piss he would get really angry and generally try to scrap with them to defend his integrity.

BareBones

wheezy
i forgot this one - a friend of mine once managed to convince some other friends of ours that KP had a monopoly on peanuts in the UK, and every other brand had to smuggle theirs in, two peanuts at a time, sellotaped to the smugglers' nipples.