Lukid

Shadow Face

shadow face
what are peoples thoughts on here of him? I think he's fucking sick. Listened to one of his ustream shows last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it... he even dropped some grime too.

His two albums to date Onandon and Foma are both good, i'm always comparing both works because its interesting to see him progress as a producer and unlike some artists he has actually improved as he has gone along, there are some amazing tracks on Foma.

The Chord Ep came out last week: http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=340840
i dont have decks but listening to clips, 'hair of the dog' is fucking amazing and possibly my tune of the year, the combination of the grimy bassline and the vocal sample cut on top which i think might be aaliyah is pretty mind blowing.

He also did a brainfeeder mix recently
check it here: http://nutriot.com/mixtapes/lukid-brainfeeder-mix immense

Quick Interview too: http://www.factmag.com/2010/10/19/five-minutes-with-lukid/

Some examples of his best work imo

am i alone on this, had to make a thread

hopper

this tune has always been a big personal favourite

but haven't been that taken by a lot of his stuff. He has his moments but I think he's a bit limited - a lot of his work has a kind of clunkiness to it that I don't find too appealing. Like chord and hair of the dog though

AZIZA

Those uStreams are always great when I remember to lock on. He's an excellent DJ and producer. Great to hear Hair of the Dog and it isn't off YouTube. Talk about Werk keeping it real - 3xLP £14.99 is a bargain!

grizzleb

One of my favourite producers, he's got a style that eschews flashiness for just subtlety and quality. Better than flylo and all dem cats. Really looking forward to hearing the new one - needs an mp3 release!!

CrowleyHead

Had never done the knowledge on this guy, so this thread's welcome. I'm going to keep an ear out now, that's for sure...

BareBones

wheezy
is it lukid behind that thriller stuff then? i never knew that. not really into lukid's tunes much but the thriller stuff is dope.

Last edited:

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I tried to bring him up around the time of Onandon and people told me it was trip-hop throwback shit. :p

hopper

One of my favourite producers, he's got a style that eschews flashiness for just subtlety and quality. Better than flylo and all dem cats. Really looking forward to hearing the new one - needs an mp3 release!!

(edit)

Last edited:

Joey Joe-Joe Jr. Shabadoo

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Joey Joe-Joe Jr. Shabadoo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>