Thread: Winter shoes/boots

Default Winter shoes/boots

any suggestions for good, comfortable, decent looking footwear for cold weather? been considering a pair of blundstone 558 ankle boots:
    http://www.blundstoneus.com/zoom/558.shtml

thanks.

(i vaguely recall some mention of this topic in the "clothes" thread, but it's 55 pages long and i'm crap at using the search function.)
    Last edited by Leo; 08-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.

I like some of the stuff OiPolloi do for menswear in general, it's kinda blokey but good, all about the Trickers brogue boots if you got a spare 300 quid :

http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPoll...s-2-shoes.html

Don't get Timberlands unless they're the Earthware or whatever ones which are stitched, the normal boots split really quickly, I'm on my 4th superglueing of them.

not sure how much different a jersey winter is from a central ontario one, but if you go with the blundstones, make sure to leave room for thick socks. i found mine too cold and ended up with a sturdy pair of clarks instead.

i like timberland gear but just about everything i've bought has fallen apart in some way, and quickly.
    Last edited by nomos; 10-11-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    BOOK: sound/bodies // paul.autonomic deeptime.net

I mentioned these in the clothes thread. Super comfortable after the initial day of wear. They scuff up quite nicely too,

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/product-is-20333304

Quote Originally Posted by nomos View Post

i like timberland gear but just about everything i've bought has fallen apart in some way, and quickly.
    I've had some normal Timbs for years and they're the useless superglued ones (upthread) but got some Timb Earthkeepers a couple of years ago and they're still going strong, sole is wearing slightly but everything else is great, they're stitched instead of glued, seems to be the thing with boots that last. Course now they changed the style damn them and I don't like the new ones so it's just as well the old ones are still going.

good advice and suggestions, thanks all! those clark's look nice and not outrageously expensive. and winters here in the northeast US aren't as cold as in ontario, i'm sure, but yeah, maybe those blundstone's might not be the warmest option.
    Last edited by Leo; 11-11-2010 at 12:23 AM.

End Clothing have some belters too. I'm currently eyeing up some Red Wing Chukkas, but I'm not sure if I can part with the cash in the run up to Christmas: