Winter shoes/boots

Leo

any suggestions for good, comfortable, decent looking footwear for cold weather? been considering a pair of blundstone 558 ankle boots:
http://www.blundstoneus.com/zoom/558.shtml

thanks.

(i vaguely recall some mention of this topic in the "clothes" thread, but it's 55 pages long and i'm crap at using the search function.)

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
not sure how much different a jersey winter is from a central ontario one, but if you go with the blundstones, make sure to leave room for thick socks. i found mine too cold and ended up with a sturdy pair of clarks instead.

i like timberland gear but just about everything i've bought has fallen apart in some way, and quickly.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
i like timberland gear but just about everything i've bought has fallen apart in some way, and quickly.

I've had some normal Timbs for years and they're the useless superglued ones (upthread) but got some Timb Earthkeepers a couple of years ago and they're still going strong, sole is wearing slightly but everything else is great, they're stitched instead of glued, seems to be the thing with boots that last. Course now they changed the style damn them and I don't like the new ones so it's just as well the old ones are still going.

Leo

good advice and suggestions, thanks all! those clark's look nice and not outrageously expensive. and winters here in the northeast US aren't as cold as in ontario, i'm sure, but yeah, maybe those blundstone's might not be the warmest option.

Last edited:

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
End Clothing have some belters too. I'm currently eyeing up some Red Wing Chukkas, but I'm not sure if I can part with the cash in the run up to Christmas:

Red_Wing_Chukka_3141.jpg